First solo brew batch...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samgilchrist

Reaction score
I just bottled my first solo batch today. It's a St. Peter's Porter clone.

I kept it in the fermenter for 3 weeks. How long should it stay in the bottles before it's good to drink?

I would give it a couple of weeks and give it a taste. I find that every one I've bottled is drinkable after 2 weeks, however it gets better with time.

pgordon80 said:
I would give it a couple of weeks and give it a taste. I find that every one I've bottled is drinkable after 2 weeks, however it gets better with time.

Thanks. The recipe I used says to leave it in the bottles for at least a month, but I'm a little antsy to try it. Shelf life is supposedly only about 3 months.

The thing to always remember is its YOUR BEER. It will always taste good because you made it. Time does help with flavor and the like but like I said crack one open and give it a taste. Put a 6 pack away and taste it in intervals then you will know the next time how long you really need to wait. Happy brewing.

Back