Fellowship of the Drink XIII: Nightmare on Doug Street

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a side note, Doug may have got me. This should have been delivered Saturday. I called Fedex and they put an exception on it saying t was damaged and return to sender. Funny thing is I’m the shipper and receiver since I gave my buddy the label to ship. FedEx said they had a note that it was inspected but thought it was odd that they didn’t say why it was inspected or what they found. Oddly enough FedEx home delivery is closed Sunday/Monday so they are going to call the local center when they open tomorrow to see if they can get the package to me. At this point if it went back to the original sorting facility there is no where for it to go since both addresses are mine. View attachment 585510

Shipping with the enemy.

Jfc, Doug seems to be cracking down like crazy... I’ve been lucky so far (knock on wood...) but I really don’t want to lose a box. I’ve been avoiding Brown like the plague (bad experiences, long stories), but if this keeps up I might have to go back. [emoji848]

Normally I drop off my boxes at FedEx within the hour of when the truck comes for pickup which is at 4pm. This last time when I sent @jimyson a small surprise they asked what I was shipping which was a first. I said “home roasted coffee and artisanal cooking oils”. So it was a true half truth. I was watching that tracking number like crazy and thankfully it made it. I think from now on I’ll drop it off at a small mom and pop shop that FedEx picks up at.

I have an account and have my packages already so I just have to drop off. I may need to switch it up between UPS and FedEx too.

I downloaded the app and setup and account. With FedEx, I like that I can package and label at home and drop off at an office depot and no questions asked other than to sign a paper.

On a side note, Doug may have got me. This should have been delivered Saturday. I called Fedex and they put an exception on it saying t was damaged and return to sender. Funny thing is I’m the shipper and receiver since I gave my buddy the label to ship. FedEx said they had a note that it was inspected but thought it was odd that they didn’t say why it was inspected or what they found. Oddly enough FedEx home delivery is closed Sunday/Monday so they are going to call the local center when they open tomorrow to see if they can get the package to me. At this point if it went back to the original sorting facility there is no where for it to go since both addresses are mine. View attachment 585510

This might solve the riddle of, what happens when you ship from yourself and to yourself. I think that's a good argument to use if you ever get caught though. If you're shipping from yourself to yourself then I would think that they may be a little more lenient.

This might solve the riddle of, what happens when you ship from yourself and to yourself. I think that's a good argument to use if you ever get caught though. If you're shipping from yourself to yourself then I would think that they may be a little more lenient.

Yeah I’ve shipped from my self to myself multiple times with no issues. I’m sure something leaked. But the Plus is hopefully the only option is to ship to me since I was the “sender”

Normally I drop off my boxes at FedEx within the hour of when the truck comes for pickup which is at 4pm. This last time when I sent @jimyson a small surprise they asked what I was shipping which was a first. I said “home roasted coffee and artisanal cooking oils”. So it was a true half truth. I was watching that tracking number like crazy and thankfully it made it. I think from now on I’ll drop it off at a small mom and pop shop that FedEx picks up at.

I have an account and have my packages already so I just have to drop off. I may need to switch it up between UPS and FedEx too.

I have an account also and I just schedule them to pick the packages up by my garage doors. No extra cost and they just pull in grab it, scan it and go.

Well update from Doug. The package arrived but after talking with my buddy it looks like they got into my box and ganked 2 cans. MF’ers....could be worse. They could have took the whole box!

I wish I could buy a flight holder.. This new place is sick
20180831_204758.jpeg

Latest posts

Back