exothermic reactions and temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radiant-designer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
heat should be produced?

Brewed last night, had a yeast starter that had been made up a few days before. Finished brewing around 7 when i pitched. This morning 12 hours later i found it gushing, popped the air lock... put a blow off on it and rushed to work. 11 hours later i look and its at 75 degrees! Ambient temp may be 55 or so. The temp controler set up on the fermowrap is cut in at 65, out at 69. 67 is target.

I have 2 carboys in a 30 gal tub with the fermowrap along one side, temp controler prob between them. Wrapped them with towels. The second carboy is in secondary its from a brew i did last tuesday.

Should the new brew have produced this much heat?

And no the fermo wrap is not on. I checked to see if it was being

Looks like the begining got cut off
Should read:
I know fermentation is exothermic, bit how much heat should be produced?

Brewed last night, had a yeast starter that had been made up a few days before. Finished brewing around 7 when i pitched. This morning 12 hours later i found it gushing, popped the air lock... put a blow off on it and rushed to work. 11 hours later i look and its at 75 degrees! Ambient temp may be 55 or so. The temp controler set up on the fermowrap is cut in at 65, out at 69. 67 is target.

I have 2 carboys in a 30 gal tub with the fermowrap along one side, temp controler prob between them. Wrapped them with towels. The second carboy is in secondary its from a brew i did last tuesday.

Should the new brew have produced this much heat?

And no the fermo wrap is not on. I checked to see if it was being

Latest posts

Back