End of 2012

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmos

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Alright folks, it's getting to be the end of the year again and that can only mean one thing: Year End Stats!

How many gallons did you do this year? What was your favorite beer? Any real successes? Favorite new gear?

Let's hear it!

Alright folks, it's getting to be the end of the year again and that can only mean one thing: Year End Stats!

How many gallons did you do this year? What was your favorite beer? Any real successes? Favorite new gear?

Let's hear it!

Maybe should include lifetime stats, since the world ends at midnight?
:fro:

Maybe should include lifetime stats, since the world ends at midnight?
:fro:
Is that tonite? Good thing it's $2 pints at my local!

Then again, maybe I'll brew a Mayan Apocalypse Imperial Stout with Piloncillo and... But I digress.

Well since the limit is 100 gallons per individual and 200 gallons per household, I supposed I personally brewed 100 gallons and supervised SWMBO for another 45 gallons, for a household total of 145 gallons this year.

Best judged was a camomile and lavender honey hefewiezen called Bedtime Honey Hefe that took 2nd place in a BJCP voting in the Hefe/Wheat category and placed 3rd overall in the people's choice voting at the overall event.

My favorite was a Dog in Heat Wheat (Hefe) clone that I made that was ridiculously good to my tastes. I also entered that one in a BJCP, as it should have been a good to-style Hefe as well, but it scored a 25-26-29, with conflicting notes about unidentified off flavors. There's no accounting for taste!

Back