DIY Oxygenator for Sankey Transfer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daves69

All Grain No Brain!
Reaction score
So I ferment in 1/4BBL Sankeys. I love them and currently to oxygenate my wort I transfer cap then shake the keg (as much as I can) to get some air into it.

I was at the big box hardware store the other day and kinda came up with this idea. If I was to take some 1/2" ID Copper pipe and attach a cam-lock to one end of it and install a "T" with a O2 Stone fitted to it I would be able to transfer into my Sankey from my pump while adding O2. Currently I use a hose. This would add one more thing I would have to clean but should not be too hard. Attached is something that I came up with real fast. Any thoughts on if this would work or is there a commercial version that I can just buy?

BEER_O2.jpg

Yes, there are inline O2 injection setups available. Morebeer offers one:

http://morebeer.com/products/stainless-inline-oxygenation-assembly.html

GW Kent has one if you are looking for of a pro setup:

http://www.gwkent.com/inline-micro-oxygenation-system-1-1-2in.html

I have a partially built one that consists of a 1.5" TC 'T,' a site glass, and TC oxygen stone from Glacier Tanks. My hope is that it will also double as in inline carbonator when I transfer to keg. Just need to find the time to get everything together.

I might be able to take the one from Morebeer and adapt it to work for me. below is a reversion of what I am looking to do which is make a device that I can insert into my fermentor (keg) and fill it while adding the O2.

BEER_O2_rev2.jpg

Williams brewing also carries a variety of the stones, including one with a stainless wand. A thread in stone, some stainless fittings and you're good to go. I stole the idea I'm using from somebody on here. It's on pg. 6 of my brewstand build in my sig, can't upload photos now. I already had the wand so I repurposed it with some soldering into a plug for mine. Also why the copper, you could use some silicone hose and cam locks, just curious.

Back