DFH 120 IPA clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did scottland's recipe a while back, turned out great. I will tell you, from personal experience, this beer will not bottle carb. Or if it will it'll take a very long time, I'm at 6 months with not a single bubble. Everything else turned out perfect, loved the taste, just shoulda waited until I could have kegged it. Gonna do it again soon, so I can force carbs it and then let it age in the bottle knowing it's carbed.

Also, when in secondary, let it sit for at least a couple months to let the alcohol mellow out. After it's conditioned bit start dry hopping per your schedule prior to bottling. If you do decide to bottle carb still I wish you the best of luck of course :).

DFH definitely force carbs this ,and I believe most of the rest of their beer. I've only seen a few naturally carbed, and it's stated right on the bottle, ex. 75 min.

Latest posts

Back