DC Area Group Buy #11

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoothest operation yet. Tony, thanks for hooking me up with 9 lbs of your light Munich. Once mine comes in you'll get it replaced.:mug:

That was a super smooth experience. Glad to have been part of it. Looking forward to when the Munich and Vienna get in but I think 175ish lbs of grain should hold me over for a while:)

Thanks to everyone that helped out...you guys blew through those splits in record time!

Look here over the next couple of days for news on the Vienna, Munich, and Pils. Reddskinnfan has volunteered to schlep it over to my place once it comes in. You are welcome to stop by in Rockville, or we can try to arrange a meet someplace as Mike works downtown and has agreed to meet up with folks, and I am in Bethesda. I was supposed to fly up to RI tomorrow but that flight was cancelled so I suspect I may be home most if not all week...

If you haven't tried 3 Stars Madness, you should!

Cheers!
T

Thanks to everyone that helped out...you guys blew through those splits in record time!

Look here over the next couple of days for news on the Vienna, Munich, and Pils. Reddskinnfan has volunteered to schlep it over to my place once it comes in. You are welcome to stop by in Rockville, or we can try to arrange a meet someplace as Mike works downtown and has agreed to meet up with folks, and I am in Bethesda. I was supposed to fly up to RI tomorrow but that flight was cancelled so I suspect I may be home most if not all week...

If you haven't tried 3 Stars Madness, you should!

Cheers!
T

I can also meet anyone in Frederick or Germantown area...

P.S. I got a Growler of Madness and a bottle. Wonderful beer!

Thanks to everyone making this buy another success! It was great to see such good team work and a whole bunch of excellent beers brought to the table for all of us to sample and have some brew conversation too. 5 stars for 3 Stars for accommodating us in such a gracious way.

Alas, we were 13 sacks short, which is a big nuisance, but beyond our or 3 Stars' control. I strongly feel a 3 week lead time (instead of 2) may increase our chances on more complete delivery since we piggy back on 3 Stars' other orders. The time before this, in November, 3 Stars actually received our order late that Friday before we picked up. That's way too close for comfort.

Onto the next... :mug:

Thanks to everyone making this buy another success! It was great to see such good team work and a whole bunch of excellent beers brought to the table for all of us to sample and have some brew conversation too. 5 stars for 3 Stars for accommodating us in such a gracious way.

Alas, we were 13 sacks short, which is a big nuisance, but beyond our or 3 Stars' control. I strongly feel a 3 week lead time (instead of 2) may increase our chances on more complete delivery since we piggy back on 3 Stars' other orders. The time before this, in November, 3 Stars actually received our order late that Friday before we picked up. That's way too close for comfort.

Onto the next... :mug:

After thinking about this last night, this is a great idea and should help. It also gives us more time to deal with 'shortage' problems.

Thanks again to everyone, in addition to my grain I got:
great samples
great advice
a great bucket (thanks bigbeav...I'm happy to save more of them from the landfill)
a couple of growlers full of beer
and even got talked into buy a bag of Optic!

Thanks again to everyone, in addition to my grain I got:
great samples
great advice
a great bucket (thanks bigbeav...I'm happy to save more of them from the landfill)
a couple of growlers full of beer
and even got talked into buy a bag of Optic!

For the price, you can't just shrug it off. I got two and CaptainAl got one.

Im off to TX on friday, I cant forsee any free time for a trip from Waldorf to the north side of the Beltway between then and now. Is there any way anyone would buy my 20 lbs of light Munich and Vienna off me?

Im off to TX on friday, I cant forsee any free time for a trip from Waldorf to the north side of the Beltway between then and now. Is there any way anyone would buy my 20 lbs of light Munich and Vienna off me?

Was it 20# each or 20# total? Don't have access to sheets right now to check.

Yeah, I've been thinking about you since those sacks didn't arrive.

I'm pretty sure someone will want them. So please, help Eric out by buying some or all of those 40# of his leftover grain.

They can be picked up after an arrangement with Tony or waited for until the next buy/pickup.

Please post the transaction details in this thread, so we can adjust and correct the splits sheet and moneys paid/due. In 2 months I doubt anyone will remember who gets what exactly.

If no-one steps up, I'll add them to the splits list for next buy (#12). You'll get your refund one way or another, it just may take until the next buy.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Just talked to Mike @ 3 Stars. All the grain that was missing from the buy last week came in as expected today. All 13 sacks are accounted for. Now we need to figure out how to get it to you. I have the following suggestions:

FULL SACKS
* If it is more convenient for you to pick it up at 3 Stars, we can make that arrangement, but obviously need to know that soon!
* Otherwise, Mike (reddskinnfan) has agreed to pick it up and drop it off at my house in Rockville, near Shady Grove metro. You can arrange to pick up directly with me via email.
* If you work downtown, Mike would be willing to bring it in to work (the Hill) and meet up with you.
* If you work near Bethesda, I can bring it in to work and meet you there.
* Lastly, if none of these work then I guess I can bring it to the next group buy or make other arrangements.

SPLITS
* I think we are going to have to do these at my place or have people arrange to split sacks.
* Mike is willing to bring splits into the city and I am willing to bring them in to Bethesda
* We can always default to bringing them to the next buy as well.

3 Stars is going to be closed tomorrow, so the earliest Mike can pick up would be WED and I am not going to be available until SUN at the earliest.

Welcome any thoughts or ideas...

Tony

Sounds like a good plan!

Tony and Mike, can you let me know which ones have been distributed so we can update the sheets. That way everyone has access to the same info.

emyers is still looking for volunteers to take 20# each of the Light Munich and Vienna of his hands.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Just talked to Mike @ 3 Stars. All the grain that was missing from the buy last week came in as expected today. All 13 sacks are accounted for. Now we need to figure out how to get it to you. I have the following suggestions:

FULL SACKS
* If it is more convenient for you to pick it up at 3 Stars, we can make that arrangement, but obviously need to know that soon!
* Otherwise, Mike (reddskinnfan) has agreed to pick it up and drop it off at my house in Rockville, near Shady Grove metro. You can arrange to pick up directly with me via email.
* If you work downtown, Mike would be willing to bring it in to work (the Hill) and meet up with you.
* If you work near Bethesda, I can bring it in to work and meet you there.
* Lastly, if none of these work then I guess I can bring it to the next group buy or make other arrangements.

SPLITS
* I think we are going to have to do these at my place or have people arrange to split sacks.
* Mike is willing to bring splits into the city and I am willing to bring them in to Bethesda
* We can always default to bringing them to the next buy as well.

3 Stars is going to be closed tomorrow, so the earliest Mike can pick up would be WED and I am not going to be available until SUN at the earliest.

Welcome any thoughts or ideas...

Tony

Earliest I could pick up is Thursday. Might only be able to grab half the bags at that time too. 13 bags would be about a 700 lb load....

Anyone who can pick theirs up (whole sacks) from 3 Stars, would be great!

tony: happy to come over some night and help with the splits.

everyone: i can schlep splits, possibly even a bag, to Farragut/White House. i'm on Metro so it's gotta be an amount that i can carry... lemme know if that's useful to you.

Great job guys!

I guess some coordination before moving sacks would be ideal. Feedback from those who still have grain outstanding is most welcome now. All back ordered grains are marked in bright red background, yellow text. If your name is attached to one of those cells, please post your preference ASAP, what you want to do according to stonebrewer's schedule above.

We've got these preferences:
emyers - Wants to sell his shares (he's leaving the area) ==> 20# Lt. Munich + 20# Vienna for grabs

Hey there - am talking to my folks in a few minutes to see where they can pick up the Vienna malt. Will update soon. As for emeyers, my folks live in Accokeek, which is not too far from Waldorf. Could we pick up your 20 pound split on your behalf, perhaps?

I have a sack of Bo Pils and a sack of Maris Otter as well as 20# Vienna and 20# Light Munich that I can pick up at Tony's place. I live in the Herndon area so if anyone lives out near me and can't make it out I would be happy to pick up for them, just let me know.

I can pickup my sack of Maris Otter directly from 3 Stars this week to help alleviate the extra handling. Also, I have a pickup truck if help is needed getting the remaining sacks to Rockville.

-Darrel

We can pick up directly from 3 stars - Stonebrewer, would it be possible to do a pickup after this Friday? Or does 3 stars want the sacks out of there sooner?

I am in for 10# of a light munich split. I can make my way down 270 on Thursday from Frederick and help move anything that needs to come this way. If emyer's munich and Vienna are still available I can take those as well.

Let me know the best time/location and I will do what I can to help.

I have 5 lbs on the Vienna split. Since I live in Baltimore, would it be possible to hold onto those 5 pounds till the next split? I don't come down to DC too often.

I have 5 lbs on the Vienna split. Since I live in Baltimore, would it be possible to hold onto those 5 pounds till the next split? I don't come down to DC too often.

I have portions of Vienna and Munich that I would like to pick up. I'm in downtown Baltimore so I could snag these for you and we could work out a drop off. I'd like to pick them up in the next week or so.

If people can pick up their own bags from 3 Stars, that would be so much more helpful for me, as I wouldn't have to make multiple trips.. That said, I am willing to help whatever way I can.

Let's wait to hear from Tony on how to proceed.

I have portions of Vienna and Munich that I would like to pick up. I'm in downtown Baltimore so I could snag these for you and we could work out a drop off. I'd like to pick them up in the next week or so.

That would be great!

Also, I can take 5 lbs Vienna of emyers, to bring my Vienna split to 10 lbs total.

Of my 20 lb split of Lt Munich, 9 lbs go to stonebrewer and 11 to me. Since I got 9 advanced from him (you da man!) I'm good until our next get-together.

@masonsjax Glad you liked the SMASH, but the main reason I made it is the assload of Vienna I already have

I can pick up my sack (Pilsner) from 3-Stars Friday late afternoon/early evening (5:30 or 6ish).

Any chance of doing the splits then, or prior to then so I can also get my 20# light munich? If so, I can also pick up 5# of the newly available Vienna.

I'd be happy to help with splits then if this is a possibility.

Attention:

I will not be able to pickup from 3 Stars until Friday evening. Originally Thursday was the date, but other life stuff came up. Friday is solid, though.

I will be there tomorrow around 5:45/6pm...

- is there someone specific I need to talk to?

- I live in Crystal City and can grab 2-3 sacks for other folks...anyone need (as long as you don't mind them sitting in the back of my SUV until you come to get them)?

- I have a small scale and a bunch of grocery bags...I can make some splits if needed, as long as I'm done by 7pm...don't want to mess up the plan, but would like to get my splits on this second trip without making a third.

Thanks

Back