Could it really be done?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jshine42

Reaction score
I have my Second batch of beer in my primary fermentor right now a Belgian Wit. What my question is this. I just took a hydrometer reading and it came back with 1.012 which is the desired Finishing Gravity. Initial thoughts is awesome it's done; however, I brewed it on Sunday. It's only been in the fermentor for 4 days. Is this really possible and has anyone else ever had this happen? It had quite a bit of specialty grains so I'm thinking of racking to secondary for clarifying before bottling. It was supposed to take 10 days to get to final gravity but I'm there in 4. Thoughts?

Totally possible. But, if thats the case, that only means fermentation is done - the yeast will continue to clean up after themselves.

All my wits stay in the primary for 4-5 weeks, no secondary. It'll clear just fine in the primary and, besides, wits usually are cloudy anyway, so clearing in a secondary isn't necessary.

Totally possible. But, if thats the case, that only means fermentation is done - the yeast will continue to clean up after themselves.

All my wits stay in the primary for 4-5 weeks, no secondary. It'll clear just fine in the primary and, besides, wits usually are cloudy anyway, so clearing in a secondary isn't necessary.

+1 on this!!

Definitely! beer ferments fast :)
Instructions are generally crap and just a "safe bet" so learning when to do what to your beer on your own part rather than trusting instructions will serve you well. Sounds like you've got your head screwed on, that's exactly what I'd do :)

Back