Corny keg pin lock/ ball lock conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie02173

Reaction score
I have only recently begun my new adventure in home brewing. I realised from the beginning ball lock was the way forward for me and ive continued with that system. I have noticed pin lock corny kegs going cheap in my area and wondering would it be much hassle converting systems? examples being, changing gas and tap feeds and will this be compatible? Or could i buy a few ball lock pin lock conversion bits and get a few cheap corny kegs!

I've converted three, so far. The shorter kegs, combined with the shorter profile of ball lock QDs, allow me to use my mini-fridge without any modifications. My LHBS has used pin lock kegs for $35 and I've been able to find the ball lock fittings for less than $10 on Amazon. I get a functional keg that fits my fridge for less than $45. I have my LHBS loosen the pin lock fittings when I buy it and test that the ball lock fittings fit before checking out.

Back