Colorado Brewing Systems Customer Service?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubalz

Beer Whore
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am in the market for a 15 gallon brew kettle and have been looking online at the one that Colorado Brewing Systems offers. The price is right and is able to be customized to my liking but here is my issue: I have called many times every work day and have left multiple voice mails detailing with I am requiring for Tim to call me as I had a couple of questions before pulling the trigger in the last week and a half and I have not gotten a call back yet. I am a bit concerned now to buy from a company that clearly lists their phone number on their website but never answers their phone or calls back. Does anybody have any experience with this company? Has anyone else been able to reach them? I am seriously considering going with Spike and Bru- Gear. I have multiple Spike brand pots already.

Thanks!
John

I had Spike build a custom BIAB electric 20 gallon kettle. I'd be happy to show you what I had them build.

Altogether it was $450 but that included a 2 TC pickup tubes. One is for pickup and the other is for the whirlpool.

It's extremely tough to get in touch with CO Brewing systems. I was going to buy one from them but I didn't like the way the mash circulation arm was set up.

You can't go wrong with Spike Brewing, I purchased two 20 gallon custom electric setup kettles, a BK and HLT. Price was right, Ben at Spike Brewing was fast in responding and the turn around time was pretty quick as well. Quality is top notch too...my brew rig with Spike kettles made it into page 12 and 13 in this months BYO magazine as well!

I have a CBS single vessel electric rig. I ordered around last Thanksgiving and it was delivered around Christmas. I found the best way to communicate with Tim is via email. He always got back to me within 24 hrs. I believe that they are going through another plant expansion or move (2nd time within 1 year) and the plant is very busy. Lead times are a bit longer than they were at the end of last year - but I see that as a good thing. They put out a good product and it is getting more and more popular. I suggest you shoot him an email with your questions and see if he gets back to you in a timely manner.

I ordered a 10 gallon kettle from them last September and never had an issue.
I dont think I ever called them but my emails were answered promptly and the product met expectations

+1 for Spike. Ordered 2 15g kettles from them, customized to have recirculation ports added. Super easy to work with. I had 2 small issues (sight glass at product launch and thermometer) and they replaced immediately for free. Highly recommended. Great quality, great service, great prices.

No mater how busy a company gets, if you can't communicate back to your customers in a timely fashion, no matter how great your product is, that's unacceptable. Why should anyone "hunt down" a person at a company? If they publish a phone number for customers to call on, have someone man that phone or at least check the voice mail every hour or so and get back to people. That just shows me how their customer support is after the sale..have an issue? "Hey call us, if you don't hear back from us, email us..still no answer? Fax us...no response? Try smoke signals as the last resort"

Back