collapsible, 3 tier brew stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boombrewer

Reaction score
First of all, big thanks to dtrainbrew for the inspiration and design - I basically just copied his stand and made some small modifications. To check out his, go here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/foldable-brew-stand-450644/

So the first photo is what I'm 'graduating' from.

This second and third is the start of the new stand.

The finished product will have another taller section that these will roll into. Only the lower section will have a burner. The lower will fold up, into the middle section (like dtrainbrew) and the middle section will roll into the tallest section. I'll post more pictures as I get work done.

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

So I got a little more work done (and its much easier to see what I was talking about). I still have some connections and stuff to do but a majority of the work is complete prior to painting.

First pic is 'expanded' and the second is the 'collapsed' idea. The last one is me doing some fitment checks at the house making sure it all works and figuring out some final modifications.
:mug:

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

@Pie_Man: yeah, definitely not going to miss the precariously perched HLT. I've gotten pretty good at balancing it but still nice to have a solid platform. And the new one is lower - bonus!

First photo is of the stand getting some paint (hi temp grill paint).

The next 3 are expanded (empty), expanded for sparging (doing my final fit check), and finally expanded for post-boil (routed through wort chiller).

The last photo is collapsed for storage. I couldn't be happier. :rockin: I'm going to brew this weekend and see how she does but I think it'll go very well. I'm sure I'll have to tweak something.

For those interested, I just modified my dark star burner to drop into the bottom tier. The second tier could easily be modified to add a burner instead of the grate.

Hope this helps someone.

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

Back