Co2 stamps question quick!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegasJ

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Have a chance to start buying stuff for kegging.

I found a Co2 tank & was wondering if it is usable before driving a far distance to get it...

can anyone tell me anything from the stamps here? Where would an expiration date be at?

1016121252-56874.jpg

thx

Looks like November of 1981 and renewed December of 1988 so way out of date my weld shop would swap it out no problem some my charge you I think it's 25 bucks or so still a good tank if cheap

7-70 above the 11-81

then 12-88 below that. DOT 3AA1800 at top, then HD 159921 under that as in the picture

I have no clue if this is a 5 or 10 lb tank... about 27" tall from bottom to handle, 8" or so dia.

If it's that large it's probably a 20# tank. They cost about $100 new. It's out of test so you will need to re it retested or swapped, it's usually around a $25 charge on top of getting it filled. If you can get it for less than $50 it's not too bad a deal.

If it's that large it's probably a 20# tank. They cost about $100 new. It's out of test so you will need to re it retested or swapped, it's usually around a $25 charge on top of getting it filled. If you can get it for less than $50 it's not too bad a deal.

sweet. Got it for a $20 bill. :mug:

Has a regulator too but both glass windows on the high & low gauges are broken & the high gauge has no needle...

But even without the reg I'm guessing $20 was a good find! :ban:

But even without the reg I'm guessing $20 was a good find! :ban:

Sounds good to me! The high pressure gauge is pretty useless anyway. If the reg is otherwise in good shape I'd just plug that port, you should be able to get a new low pressure gauge for about $10.

hard to tell... it looks old, beat to hell.

I'd hate to get low & high pressure gauges to replace & have something else not work. I might just buy a 3 gauge/2 body regulator to get me going with 2 kegs now. I have beer to take to a Halloween party

:)

Back