Clone of Dogfish head #61

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atietyen

Reaction score
I'm going to attempt a clone of the Dogfish head #61. (IPA and wine) I think I have the ingredients down but the yeast selection has me stuck. Should I use the IPA yeast or a wine yeast? Has anyone ever made a beer like this and what yeast did you use?

I believe they use Ringwood yeast. You should use Ale yeast for this. This is still a beer, just with grape juice added. Good Luck!

I'm going to attempt a clone of the Dogfish head #61. (IPA and wine) I think I have the ingredients down but the yeast selection has me stuck. Should I use the IPA yeast or a wine yeast? Has anyone ever made a beer like this and what yeast did you use?

how much syrah and when?

You would use ale yeast. Ale yeast will love the sugars from the grapes. Yes, I have made a beer wine hybrid. I used about 30% of the fermentable sugars from wine grapes. It came out very well. Good luck with yours!

Back