Christmas money opinions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HLSheppard

Reaction score
Hi all -

I have some LHBS credit and am looking for your opinion. I plan to complete my keezer upgrade in the Spring with a 3 Perlick faucet setup.

Would you use the $$ for that or a new grain mill? I haven't crushed my own yet but I know the quality of the LHBS is all over the map...

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Howard S.

Since you asked, I'm planning on a mill as my next purchase. I've been dissatisfied with the inconsistency of the grind I've gotten from suppliers.

I think this has the potential of having the biggest impact on my brews.

How much $$ ? You might start with the mill and part of the keezer?!?

If you buy in bulk there is nothing better than to go to your recipe builder, create a beer, go to your storage and put together the recipe and mill it just before brewing.

Monster Mill MM2 with the big hopper. What a delight to throw the entire grains in there with room to spare, and hit that sucker with a Rigid drill and down it goes.

I was thinking about this as well. But, I decided to go with a 10 gallon recipe of an IPA that has more hops than I have ever used. It was almost $100. I then got a 3 way gas manifold, and my money seemed to go away very quickly after more hose and a valve. I like the way my LHBS grinds though, so no need for a mill for me yet.

how much $$ ? You might start with the mill and part of the keezer?!?

If you buy in bulk there is nothing better than to go to your recipe builder, create a beer, go to your storage and put together the recipe and mill it just before brewing.

$200.00

Monster Mill MM2 with the big hopper. What a delight to throw the entire grains in there with room to spare, and hit that sucker with a Rigid drill and down it goes.

That mill looks awesome! Unfortunately, my $$ is for Adventures in Homebrewing. They only carry the Cereal Killer or the Barley Crusher. Any opinions on those?

A Barley Crusher with the large hopper is on it's way! :)

thanks all for your ideas/opinions.

Back