Hi from Wisconsin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camshaft27

Reaction score
Hello, I have been lurking the forums for a while now and finally joined so I can contribute a bit when I work through some projects I have coming up. I've been brewing for just a few years now, been doing 10 gallon all grain and kegging from the start. I started with fly sparging, pretty quickly switched to batch sparge for time and simplicity. my last brew I tried something totally different to break up the brew day (also a father of 2 now so time is scarce), which was a 5 gallon no-sparge overnight mash. It turned out great and went smooth, but the time savings didn't add up enough to justify the half-batch compared to my normal 10 gallons. That brings me to the project, which is going to be an automated 10 gallon brewery! My vision is: fill the HLT with water, put milled malt in the empty MLT, load the hop chutes, and press go! Come back when it's ready for the fermenters. I am a mechanical engineer with a bit of electrical engineering under my belt, so I'm pretty sure I can make it happen if I can put the time into it. If it works out, I will be sure to share! I'm also in the process of a bar upgrade from a kegerator to a long-draw system with a Perlick Century liquid-cooled 6 faucet beer tower with a keezer in an adjacent room.

Thanks for having me!
-Cam

Welcome. I'm also from Wisconsin. If you're in SE Wisconsin check out beer Barons of Milwaukee home brew club

Back