Brown ale with pacman

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangemen5

Reaction score
I know rouge uses pacman in hazelnut brown. I had it before but can't remember what it tastes like from memory. I'm wondering if this is a good yeast choice for a moose drool clone. Or would it attenuate to much? I'm thinking if I mash higher it might be alright. Should I try a diffrent brown ale recipe with this yeast. I'm trying to use up some stored yeast I have around.

Pacman would be a fine choice, although it will be cleaner and more attenuative than the standard Moose Drool yeast of choice, Wy1968. That said, Pacman makes some very nice dark beers, it is my favorite for stouts, and does well in hoppier and less yeast-forward browns. I say go for it.

Pacman would be a fine choice, although it will be cleaner and more attenuative than the standard Moose Drool yeast of choice, Wy1968. That said, Pacman makes some very nice dark beers, it is my favorite for stouts, and does well in hoppier and less yeast-forward browns. I say go for it.

+1 to that!

“Pacman” has become my go-to yeast because it is so versatile and robust. It is very clean, almost lageresque at the bottom of its temp range, but can add some nice esters at higher temps. I have an imperial honey porter that was a beast, but after some bottle condition, it is now super smooth and just amazing.

Latest posts

Back