Brew with smoked tobacco??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I smoke a pipe and I have taken uncased tobacco blends (those without sweeteners applied to them) and added a small amount of Scotch for flavor and allowed it to dry. Perhaps instead of adding tobacco to your beer, you should add some beer to your tobacco. I could imagine adding a touch of a chocolate stout or Scotch Ale--something with some residual sweetness and less hops.

Here is a post on another forum on casing your own tobacco.

Im sorry but this has to be the winner for worst idea ever.
If you dont know that high levels of nicotine can cause death then you shouldnt be smoking in the first place...
Its not so much the flavors we have to worry about but the compounds in such matter...

Anyone down for a Castor Beer?! Chock full of ricin to make your insides itch =]

Since this won't die I'm gonna try to kill it. What if I do this, add castor beans as a late addition, forget hops I'll use her cousin, primary with oleander, add some worm wood for aging, and back sweeten with anti freeze to compliment the absinthe, some coffee extract for a kick, and some ever clear to dilute the blood and I nsure instant satisfaction.

Die dman it die whats the opposite of a zombie thread? A vampire thread?

What's the opposite of a good post?

liquiditynerd said:
Since this won't die I'm gonna try to kill it. What if I do this, add castor beans as a late addition, forget hops I'll use her cousin, primary with oleander, add some worm wood for aging, and back sweeten with anti freeze to compliment the absinthe, some coffee extract for a kick, and some ever clear to dilute the blood and I nsure instant satisfaction.

Die dman it die whats the opposite of a zombie thread? A vampire thread?

I dont know if this has been said but why not bake the tobacco to vaporize the nicotine? I know that THC vaporizes at a certain temp thus leaving the weed useless except the smell of it. This might work as this is the concept behind the e-cigs.

I dont have anything against the OP or the posting of a crazy idea (okra mead anyone?) but I just want to reiterate, for whomever might still be thinking about adding tobacco to their beer that it is a remarkably terrible idea.

I'm an ex smoker and ex user of snus and dip (more occassional). Every time, I will repeat for emphasis every time I accidentally swallowed small amounts (far less than a teaspoon) of tobacco juice I vomited. The first time I smoked a cigar I inhaled the smoke. I got the spins and vomited. I was dumb enough to fall asleep with a Snu in my mouth once and woke up to myself vomiting. That was fun. This is not hyperbole nor it is Puritanical. I noticed someone has found a commercial brew that has tobacco in it... and I'm sure that someone who really really knows what they are doing made that brew. Unless you are a skilled chemist I would heartily urge you to never try it yourself.

By the way, while I am all for screwing around with tomatoes in your homebrewed anythings, I would steer you away from tomato vines and leaves as well. Like tobacco, also poison in rather small quantities.

Latest posts

Back