Bottling Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csells10

Reaction score
So I made a Sam Summer Clone, extract partial mash kit, Its been a week and the gravity is 1.012 for about 2 days, i'll check it today but i have a feeling it's going to be the same. Today will be a week since I pitched the yeast. I tasted it at day 5 since visually i could tell primary fermentation was done, and honestly couldn't wait to try it, well its the best tasting beer to touch my carboy so my question is if i let it sit for another week or a few more days to clarify will the taste profile change? Since its the best thing i've made I don't want to mess it up..... its already stressing me out so a little help would be great! and i'm sure my wife would appreciate it as well...

Thanks!!!:mug:

Ok,1st of all did you steep the grains for 30 minutes or so in a couple gallons of water? That'd be "extract with steeping grains". Partial Mash is where you mash crystal grains,specialty grains,etc with some base grains for an hour at very particular temps & far less water than steeping. Then it'd be listed as a Partial Mash kit. Mashing & steeping are simular,but different in exact process.
Since it's only been one week,when the airlock stopped bubbling like mad,it was just initial fermentation that you saw finishing up. It'd then slowly,uneventfully creep down to a stable FG from there. Give it another 3-7 days after FG is reached to clean up fermentation by products & settle out clear or slightly misty. Then bottle for a cleaner clearer beer with less trub in the bottom of the bottles.

csells10 said:
My bad it was an extract with steeping grains my only

Concern is that it'll taste much different after another week.......reply from the iPad sorry for cutoff

Latest posts

Back