best cigarettes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BetterSense

Reaction score
I am surprised we don't have a tobacco forum, did I miss it?

What are the best cigarettes that are commonly available? Is there really a difference among them, or is it all fashion? I haven't done much smoking in 10 years or so and back then I just bummed whatever I could get.

I am surprised we don't have a tobacco forum, did I miss it?

What are the best cigarettes that are commonly available? Is there really a difference among them, or is it all fashion? I haven't done much smoking in 10 years or so and back then I just bummed whatever I could get.

Normally smoked natural american spirits or camels when I wanted to save money. Been cigarette free for 6 months, but still like an occasional acid cigar.

Best cigarette?

Parliament Lights by far.

I quit smoking ~5 years ago, but those are the best.

Ask anyone.

I smoked a lot of brands, but Pall Mall light regular (blue pack) is good. They're packed tight so they burn slower.

I tried lighting up a Camel once, but it wouldn't hold still long enough to get it going.

That reminds me of a joke I heard as a kid about a priest, woman, and camel lost in the desert, and the camel dies; or something like that...:off:

Trying to get used to e-cigarettes. There just aren't any really good ones with the feel of the real thing. Here Pall Mall 100s are cheap.

Trying to get used to e-cigarettes. There just aren't any really good ones with the feel of the real thing. Here Pall Mall 100s are cheap.

Me too. I've tried a few different brands. Most of them don't do it for me. They sure beat smelling like smoke all the time though.

I havent had a real cig in years, but my go-to was camel lights or non-filters. Really couldnt stand Marlboro or Parliment. I smoked American Spirits for awhile, maybe 10 years ago. I literally felt they took 20 min to smoke. Either way, I have given them up. I might have a hit once in a while, but the biggest deterent for me now is the smell afterwards.

What gets me is that I used to chew as much as I smoked, but never got addicted to chewing. I like to chew in an outside setting (mainly chewed on the jobsite) but have never really had the desire to want more. I still throw one in when Im out hunting, doing some welding, etc, but it is def not a craving type of thing.

Marlboro Reds, mostly. Then Camel. Then rolled my own using an assortment of tobacco. Those were the best. Quit for a while shortly after quitting pot. Took up cigars. Got into those cigarillos; Hoyo de Monterrey. Quit that for vaping. Still vape a little. Mostly in the evening. Work is strictly no tobacco, not even vaping. That cut down tremendously on my habit.

smoked three packs of Camels non-filters a day from 1974 to 1997 haven't had a tobacco cigarette since then

I really did like Camels

the chronic on the other hand ;)

I was born in 74'.... cant wait till I'm old enough or have job enough to smoke the funny stuff again.

Dunhill. I loved them. I spent a lot of time in Europe and smoked these exclusively. (I haven't smoked anything legal in many years).

105223.jpg

I used to smoke Marlboro Lights. I quit 8 years ago. One of the best decisions I've ever made. I'm currently training for a marathon in October. No way I'd be doing that if I was still smoking.

Just quit smoking Marlboro reds... Recently. Best decision I've made in a while. Back to strictly smoking a different legal substance here in alaska.

Just quit smoking Marlboro reds... Recently. Best decision I've made in a while. Back to strictly smoking a different legal substance here in alaska.

Right on. I feel so much better after giving up cigarettes. I still crave one every time I drink a lot though, but that's about the only time.

I have previously heard good things about the Dunhill but never seen them for sale.

I don't like the smell afterwards but cigarettes are amazing. Especially in the right moment.

Oof. I agree with " there are NO good cigarettes." But that's only cause I'm a quitter.

Back in the day; Lucky Stike Filters, Lucky straights, Camel Wides. In that order.

sigh

Only smoked as a teenager a few times. Never got hooked.

After that I smoked a couple of times on a whim because I was young and stupid.

However this weekend we are having a homebrew day at a guy's house and he's into cigars. I bought a fancy(ish) one to carry around as I hang out. He claims he doesn't inhale, but I might not even light it up. After my grandpa quit smoking he basically just carried his cigars around in his mouth kind of chewing on them.

I do enjoy the smell of pipe tobacco, though. I've thought about burning some of it as incense in the garage, just for the aroma.

Your reply reminds me of " Dandy" Dick Landy in the days when the class was " Pro Super Stock". He always had a cigar in his mouth for luck, but never lit up.

Dunhill. I loved them. I spent a lot of time in Europe and smoked these exclusively. (I haven't smoked anything legal in many years).

105223.jpg

+1 on the Dunhill. In comparison to domestic brands, Dunhill was luxury.

I also smoked Gudang Garam or House of Sampoerna lights.

Back