Beginers Delight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bram

Reaction score
Firstly, thanks you to those gave me info and reassurance when my first batch was brewing.
Well, after exercising great will power for 4 weeks , I tried the first bottle.
For the UK people, it was Woodefordes Wherry.
I was blown away by how good it was.
If I had bought a pint of it in the local pub I would have been back for more.
I knew I was hooked on the home brewing thing as soon as I started reading up on it but after tasting my first brew, it's confirmed.
I know everyone will have felt the same delight but there's something about sharing the experience!
Cheers!

I too was very pleased by my first brew, a Fullers ESB clone. I tried a bottle last night and it was very good. It's been bottle conditioning for two weeks and had plenty of carbonation. What a difference from week one when I tried one. Can't wait till next week to see how it is.

I'm one to my second brew today, a Racer 5 IPA clone!

I had the same experience with my first one. I got brewing gear plus one kit (I don't even recall what it was, it was so long ago) for a Christmas gift. I was sure I would screw it all up or it would be awful, but when I cracked open the first bottle (at a Superbowl party, no less - hey, no pressure), I felt like it was the best beer I'd ever had. Best of luck with your future brews!

Back