Basic Draft System, now what?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmeek

Reaction score
So I recently splurged on a basic draft system with 5# co2 tank, regulator, hoses w/picnic tap and 4 (3gal) pin lock cornys (thanks to AIH deal). My question is what is the best way to use this system efficiently? I have a mini fridge dedicated to beer, should I cram the tank and a keg or two in there and fill like is? I heard there can be complications with condensation if I leave the tank in the fridge. Can I use the tank to force carb and then leave the kegs in the fridge with one of those portable co2 injectors hooked up to it? Will those keep the beer from going flat? Also, I would like to use the kegs to do some lagering (post fermentation) does anyone have recommendations on that? I'm looking to brew a kolsch which to my understanding ferments around 60 then needs ~ 4 weeks of lagering. Sorry for all the newb questions but I couldn't find much info other than instructional posts. Thanks for any input! :rockin:

I recently purchased a chest freezer and external temp control for a "delux" fermentation chamber. The mini-fridge is now the beer storage! hehe Anyway, no harm at all with the tank/regulator/tubing/corny in the fridge. I end up wiping out the condensation every week IF, if I've opened a few times. Ok, if I've opened it a few times a night!! :drunk:

Latest posts

Back