Another stuck fermentation on a RIS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChefJoeR

Reaction score
Been away from brewing for over a year, so I am maybe a bit rusty. Colleagues were after me to brew a big beer for the winter time and decided on a RIS. Being that Georgia has been having some very freakish weather (20 F on Monday, 60F on Sunday???) temperatures have been a little difficult to control. It has gone from 77 to 68. Brew date was Oct. 20th and was at 1.090. It was transferred to secondary Nov. 3rd and had a reading of 1.037. Today, Nov. 23, it has a reading of 1.035. It is sitting at 72F. Calculations put this beer at 1.020-1.025. Used Wyeast 1762 and 3787. Had to use two different kinds because brewstore ran of of 1762. I don't believe that would be the problem though. Tasted it, has a light coffee and roasted malt flavor, not to bad actually. Would I be asking for trouble if I bottle now. How can I get it to drop another 10 points. Yes I did aerate heavily before pitching yeast.

Back