Advice needed on my force carb situation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colbizle

Reaction score
This is my first time kegging and FWIW I read a lot of the threads on keg, force carbing, and burst carbing.. However, not sure on how to handle my current situation or How to search for it?

So I wanted to burst carb an IIPA that I had made for my sisters wedding. My timing left me just a week (lengthy secondary to condition and dry hop) to carb the keg. So after some research, last Weenesday I burst carbed the keg at 30psi at 45F degrees for 24 hours. I then purged and set it to 15psi at 41F where it has been sitting since then. I pulled a sample today it taste fantastic and the aroma is perfect but both my wife and I agreed it could use a bit more carbonation. So I'm not sure what I should do. The wedding is on Saturday night and I'm (overly) fretting about getting the carbonation perfect. Should I just leave it at 15psi and hope it's g2g on sat night or should i adjust the psi for 24hr or what?! I just don't want to over carb it on accident then be screwed!

Any helps would be greatly appreciated!!

Take it off the gas and shake it a bit, put on the gas at 15 and repeat, do this a few times and then leave it at serving pressure until your ready for the wedding so it clears and settles, it should be perfect for the wedding

Well, shaking it is going to take it take a step back in clearing. I would just boost the pressure to about 18 psi and leave it there until you're ready to pour. You know what will suck worse than be a little undercarbed? Being overcarbed to the point where everyone gets 3/4 cup of foam. In a panic, you'll be purging the keg over and over just blowing out all that hop aroma you worked so hard on.

Well, shaking it is going to take it take a step back in clearing. I would just boost the pressure to about 18 psi and leave it there until you're ready to pour. You know what will suck worse than be a little undercarbed? Being overcarbed to the point where everyone gets 3/4 cup of foam. In a panic, you'll be purging the keg over and over just blowing out all that hop aroma you worked so hard on.

Well, yes, temporarily but I figured since the wedding was a few days away there was time to settle again, your suggestion would be a good alternative as well:)

Back