Add buzzer to controller panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian Gresores

Reaction score
Using this panel schematic, where would you connect a buzzer to alarm with EZBoil events? FYI, I have already switched the DSPR120 to a DSPR320A.

Attachments

• Electric kettle supplies.xlsx.PDF
    123.4 KB · Views: 0
No real need as the DSPR series has a built in buzzer. If you want something louder, it gets switched via the alarm relay contacts.
Exactly. I would like something louder. I can see how to attach the buzzer to the relay contacts. I'm just a little confused as to where to connect the buzzer to power.

Exactly. I would like something louder. I can see how to attach the buzzer to the relay contacts. I'm just a little confused as to where to connect the buzzer to power.
The alarm relays are "dry" switches - they provide no power by themselves. You need to connect one hot line to one side of an alarm relay, the other side of the alarm relay goes to the buzzer, and the second terminal of the buzzer goes to the second hot line.

Brew on :mug:

The alarm relays are "dry" switches - they provide no power by themselves. You need to connect one hot line to one side of an alarm relay, the other side of the alarm relay goes to the buzzer, and the second terminal of the buzzer goes to the second hot line.

Please excuse my ignorance. Using the schematic I posted, I would use the red and green wires as hot lines, right? Does it matter if I connect into the red wire before or after the fuses? The green wire is not connected to fuses at all.

Please excuse my ignorance. Using the schematic I posted, I would use the red and green wires as hot lines, right? Does it matter if I connect into the red wire before or after the fuses? The green wire is not connected to fuses at all.
The hot wires are red and black in the drawing. Green is ground. The connections to the buzzer and DSPR should be after the fuses.

Based on this question, you do not appear to have sufficient knowledge of electrical systems to be working on this kind of equipment by yourself. You should really find someone locally, who is more knowledgeable, to help you out. Electricity can kill you if you make certain types of mistakes.

Back