2013 HBT Fantasy Baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Johhny, this week between the two of us has been really good! Lot's of back and forth. This one might come down to the wire! Glad I'm back home so I can keep uo with it a little more. The wifi in the hotel was horrible and I was in meetings from 730 to 5 everyday, so i couldn't track like I would have hoped, but I guess I stayed on it enough to stay in it. Good luck!

Well shoot, Ginger, glad you were able to get a ho hum 100+ point lead on me with your subpar connection and attention.

hahahaha

I don't even have the luxury of four guys on the DL anymore. My team just sucks right now. That, and I am still holding on to two prospects who are both still at least a few weeks away from a call up.

Happy Birthday Carson! All streaks come to an end eventually;) thanks for letting Adrian Gonzalez ride pine all weekend! I was worried about benching Either and not activating Garza earlier this week, but alas, the Lotharios have prevailed.

IPA division looks like the NL West- nice and crowded at the top. My Kings lost game 6,so its off to watch Hangover 3 and drown some sorrows. Goodnight HBT FBBers. Will do the trophies tomorrow.

Keeps getting better....up to five now!

Why are you holding onto a Ross Detwiler? You think he's going to pick up Strasburg or Gio's skills by osmosis?

Sucks, Guidry. Been there, my friend. Hang in there.

hang_in_there_kitty.jpg

Yeh, I was just looking at him as one I could drop to be able to move a couple of others around and drop a few non-performers. Detwiler had a couple decent performances back in Apr and I was hold out hope he would spring back..

I want everyone's oppinion on possible baseball expansion....for the sake of arguement, if MLB were to add two teams, where should they be?

I'd say New Orleans and Portland

I want everyone's oppinion on possible baseball expansion....for the sake of arguement, if MLB were to add two teams, where should they be?

I'd say New Orleans and Portland

As much as I love NOLA, they can't support a AAA team let alone a MLB team. I don't think it would work out there.

I like the idea of Portland, but I know nothing of the market there.

How about New Mexico?

Maine, to take over some of Red Sox country?

A third team in NY again? I would love that. LOVE.

As much as I love NOLA, they can't support a AAA team let alone a MLB team. I don't think it would work out there.

I like the idea of Portland, but I know nothing of the market there.

How about New Mexico?

Maine, to take over some of Red Sox country?

A third team in NY again? I would love that. LOVE.

I doubt that Maine would work. The real issue is that if it is in anyone's backyard, that team is going to HOWL real loud. I don't think we need more teams, but I would say Portland would be reasonable, as would Charlotte, or somewhere in the Southeast. Right now there are no teams, except for Atlanta in the area south of DC, north of Florida, west of the coast, or east of Texas/Missouri. I know that the ACC/SEC has a few teams that can draw pretty well.

I doubt that Maine would work. The real issue is that if it is in anyone's backyard, that team is going to HOWL real loud. I don't think we need more teams, but I would say Portland would be reasonable, as would Charlotte, or somewhere in the Southeast. Right now there are no teams, except for Atlanta in the area south of DC, north of Florida, west of the coast, or east of Texas/Missouri. I know that the ACC/SEC has a few teams that can draw pretty well.

Screw Charlotte! They already have the Panthers. I think a MLB team in the Raleigh-Durham area would do quite well. College and minor league teams already get a great deal of support, and even the NHL Hurricanes do incredibly well in the area. Plus with the universities in the area there is a plethora of adults with degrees (and income) who would embrace the strategy and sabermetrics of baseball. I'm sure the teams in DC and Atlanta would howl that their fans are being poached but I've never seen anyone wear a Nationals/Orioles/Braves hat here.

A team in Vegas, although it's god awful hot, would probably do very well too. If you really wanted to expand the game, a team in Puerto Rico would be great.

This unfortunately is true. The only way it might survive is if you name them "LSU Tigers".....People around here love the tigers, as long as they're winning. As soon as their NCAA run is over, it become football season again. The local sports radio station is still running about 90% football topics right now, even with the strong season the baseball is having. Its really sad.

Screw Charlotte! They already have the Panthers. I think a MLB team in the Raleigh-Durham area would do quite well. College and minor league teams already get a great deal of support, and even the NHL Hurricanes do incredibly well in the area. Plus with the universities in the area there is a plethora of adults with degrees (and income) who would embrace the strategy and sabermetrics of baseball. I'm sure the teams in DC and Atlanta would howl that their fans are being poached but I've never seen anyone wear a Nationals/Orioles/Braves hat here.

A team in Vegas, although it's god awful hot, would probably do very well too. If you really wanted to expand the game, a team in Puerto Rico would be great.

Just got bac from Las Vegas, It was 106 on sunday....The Dodgers used to have their AAA club(the 51s) who are now the Mets AAA. I like So. Carolina as an option also.

Just got bac from Las Vegas, It was 106 on sunday....The Dodgers used to have their AAA club(the 51s) who are now the Mets AAA. I like So. Carolina as an option also.

I smell something fishy here. Did you do something to Zach wheeler while you were there. He's posed to make his big league debut next week, word has it, and all of a sudden, you make an impromptu visit to Vegas. Something is rotten in Muddville.

;)

I smell something fishy here. Did you do something to Zach wheeler while you were there. He's posed to make his big league debut next week, word has it, and all of a sudden, you make an impromptu visit to Vegas. Something is rotten in Muddville.

;)

Why would I do anything to Young Wheeler? After all the Metropolitans are going to trade him for a " big bat outfielder"...maybe old Ned Collect I can unload Either*if the Dodgers eat his salary! Puig is the real deal...I can only speculate that he will continue to impress

Not my fantasy team, but my local team. Cruz could be in for a 50 game suspension. But truth be told, I am so sick of his lazy, half-ass fielding, that I'm not so sure it would bother me. Yes, her leads the team in HR but how many runs have scored or base hits had, because he is scared of the wall. When he sees the warning track, he comes to a complete stop. Screw him. He's the reason we didn't win the World Series 2 years ago and I've had enough. It is popular opinion that we won't bring him back next year anyway. Plus, we kind of need to figure out what to do with Profar. He has been awesome with Kinsler on the DL and nobody wants to see him dropped back down to AAA. The local sports talk is that they should move Kinsler to RF, and drop Profar in at 2nd instead of short. Which makes sense because there is no way in hell, you're pulling Andrus out of short! Off my soap box now.

One of two things should happen with the drug thing. Either ban all of the players using them and show a real stance against them, or let everyone use them and let's see some 115 mph pitchers against 550 foot HR hitters! That would be fun baseball :D

... let everyone use them and let's see some 115 mph pitchers against 550 foot HR hitters! That would be fun baseball :D

Reminds me of the bonus modes in Triple Play '98 for the PS2

Losing Braun will certainly be a blow if it happens. However, as a baseball purist, I'm happy to see it happen.

Ban 'em all! As long as they are not on the Red Sox! Okay, even then!

How much money will Cano lose this off season if he is suspended too?

Othon, I received the beer today, thank you!

I am drinking the Left Coast Trestles right now and it is delicious!

Dave

Couple of thoughts on the PED issue:

I don't believe that the bans will eliminate the PEDs from the game, or any game. I have seen it and still do at many different levels. There are ways around it for testing purposes and the only way the big name guys get caught is if and when it becomes a legal case.

It was mentioned on a local sport radio show yesterday....Did anyone find it odd that 95% of the names on the list are Hispanic/Latino names? The discussion even went on to suggest a not so obvious theory on that also.

It was mentioned on a local sport radio show yesterday....Did anyone find it odd that 95% of the names on the list are Hispanic/Latino names? The discussion even went on to suggest a not so obvious theory on that also.

I can think of 3-4 reasons why that may be. What is it that you are driving at?

Dave

bosoxdave said:
I can think of 3-4 reasons why that may be. What is it that you are driving at?

Dave

The host brought up the fact that the pct of Dominican players has risen significantly in the past few years. I don't remember the numbers exactly but it was something like from 6% to now around 20% since maybe the late 90's. he threw out the idea that maybe the origin if the issue is down there....Maybe leagues or organizations or "allowing" them to be used down there to push the performance levels up and therefore getting more DR players into the MLB organization.

You kiss your mamma with that mouth?

I do. Poor woman.

Man, Zach Greinke is a fool.

What am I missing? I saw the replay on ESPN earlier while at work. Looked as though all Greinke did was protect his team, and take a beanball like a champ. Did something else happen? Because from what I saw, the D-Backs were the ******** here, throwing at two guys in the head.

He has a habit of being involved in these sort of things, but I think Ian Kennedy was far more at fault. I watched the Sportscenter replays and there is no way I would have gotten in the way of an angry Mark McGuire. That dude is scary when angry.

Back