10 gallon batch biab?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdphillips73

Reaction score
Just ordered a 20 gallon kettle to start doing 10 gallon batches. Ive been brewing 5 gallon batches in my 10 gallon blichmann...

Question- will my "the brew bag" work for a 10 gallon batch? if not, do they sell a 10 gallon brew bag?

I just placed my order with Wilser yesterday for my new 20 gallon kettle (and my 10 gallon. And hop bags. And dry hop bags...And my wife wonders why I can't save money 🤔) and if his bags are half as good as his customer service I'll be a happy camper!

I just placed my order with Wilser yesterday for my new 20 gallon kettle (and my 10 gallon. And hop bags. And dry hop bags...And my wife wonders why I can't save money 🤔) and if his bags are half as good as his customer service I'll be a happy camper!

You'll be happy. I use Wilser bags for my 16 gallon kettle and I love them. The hop bags are wonderful too. I got some cheap spring clamps from the depot to hold them on and it works great. The pulley system also makes brew day a breeze.

You will be. I got over 20 brews on mine, except for being a little darker in color, looks like the day I got it.

While it could be done, you may find it better and more convenient to have a correctly sized bag.

You may have issues removing the larger bag as it will want to expand beyond the top kettle rim and may lead to spillage. Also be aware to mix grains well and avoid any large folds or unmixed pockets in the oversized bag.
Also if you light your burner, be careful not to melt the portion of the bag outside the kettle hanging down near the heat.

Order the appropriate size bag for the kettle from this guy^^^, you'll be happy.

Back