ZOMG I love beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennyjoy

Reaction score
Hello all. I have ten points:

1) Beer is fantastic and seriously I can't wait to meet you all.

2) I am not ashamed that 95% of my caloric intake comes from beer.

3) I've been documenting my beer obsession for awhile at shesbeendrinking.wordpress.com, if you visit please share your favorite beers so I can try them. I live off recommendations.

4) I feel it is my mission in the world to convince other girly girls that beer is better than vodka tonics and worth the extra 5 pounds you will inevitably put on by drinking only craft brew when you go out on the town.

5) Do I have a weight obsession, because I'm embarrassed that points 2 and 4 both dealt with this issue...

6) I'm on my fourth homebrew batch, and really sad I didn't pick up this hobby 10 million years ago. Saturday is D-Day for my first all grain attempt. I WISH MY WHOLE HOUSE SMELLED LIKE GRAINS.

7) Yes, I only think in bullet lists. Its terrible and obnoxious and I will go to hell for it, forgive me it's a product of my day job. Can't. Stop. Bulletting. Seriously, I talk like this. It's horrible.

8) Girl brewers rock.

9) This will never not make me giggle: :ban:

10) THANK YOU homebrewtalk community for this amazing compendium of tips, tricks, weird acronyms, lighthearted insults, encyclopedic knowledge, and endless supply of recipes. I would be 80% less pumped about this hobby if it weren't for homebrewtalk. I wanna give back anyway I can.

Cheers!

You have been featured at Wig's Home Brewery FB. Good blog. Normally I hate these things.

Nice work.

1) I must say, I think I'm in love!

2) welcome and join in on the insanity.

3) I too am annoying and think and speak in lists.

Beer is the best invention in the world, if more people knew, it would cost a ton. Kind of like those vodka tonics.

My advice, try every recipe you can get your hands on, what you don't like, modify. What you do like, modify anyway. I'm kind of new too, only about 200 batches in. The best thing to remember, THERE ARE NO RULES!

That being said, I'm sure I'll get slammed by a ton of the other guys, but I just try things. Some if my best recipes have come from someone telling me it won't work.

Remember, try everything, learn from mistakes, you'll be great in no time.

Choosy - you should not be that happy, because if I succeed, I will plump them all up. Also, a watermelon wheat.

Wigs - What? You normally hate incredibly self-indulgent diary blogs? That's so weird. [JK - I hate them too.]

Xtian - Lists are the best. Your advice is duly noted. However, I will not refer to myself as a newbie when I have brewed 200 batches. You shouldn't either.

I'll always consider myself a newbie. There's so much to learn and only so much space in my head to put it.

I think about 2/3 of them need the plumping. So please, work your magic.

Back