Zomg bell's two-hearted at mah kroger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonkHeDo

Reaction score
Just tried it for the first time. It's like....millions of bubbly tangerines just exploded in mah mouf! That is a tasty, and potent, beverage!

Yep. Ive brewed the centennial blonde ale before, and I definitely recognized the flavors, but with bell's its just so in your face I really got an appreciation for it.

Got one brewing now with harvested Bell's Yeast.....

mmmmmmmmmmmmm.. Dry hopping on Friday.

I have been pushing local liquor stores to start stocking the 5L mini kegs of this...It comes in 5L mini kegs, why don't I have one???

Zamial said:
I have been pushing local liquor stores to start stocking the 5L mini kegs of this...It comes in 5L mini kegs, why don't I have one???

I agree! I need one!

Kroger's having been starting to carry craft and pseudo craft beers in their stores for the last year or so, they've also begun selling mix your own sixers of them for $8.99 + deposite, they even have a special cardboard sixer to put them in, called the brewmaster's series....the funny thing is that if you look at the printer's info on the bottom of the cardboard carrier, it is printed by Anheuser Bush....I'm surprised they're carrying Bell's down by you I can understand up here in Michigan, they also carry great lakes in their mixed section of the cooler.

Kroger's having been starting to carry craft and pseudo craft beers in their stores for the last year or so, they've also begun selling mix your own sixers of them for $8.99 + deposite, they even have a special cardboard sixer to put them in, called the brewmaster's series....the funny thing is that if you look at the printer's info on the bottom of the cardboard carrier, it is printed by Anheuser Bush....I'm surprised they're carrying Bell's down by you I can understand up here in Michigan, they also carry great lakes in their mixed section of the cooler.

I wish they'd do that here. I think a nearby Kroger carries Duvel (might be Gulden Draak). I'd put six of those in. haha.

Grrr...wishing Kroger would make their way to central CA sometime soon...even though the local Vons carries Delirium Tremens, their "craft" section has basically remained the same for 10+ years. :mad:

Walmart sucks, but Meijer up here has been carrying craft beer for a while. I just put down a 6 of 2H this week! I now have a 1L flask of yeast cranking away from 5 of the bottles. Actually, I should have upped it to 2L yesterday, darn it.

Grrr...wishing Kroger would make their way to central CA sometime soon...even though the local Vons carries Delirium Tremens, their "craft" section has basically remained the same for 10+ years. :mad:

As of a few years ago, Kroger and Ralph's were the same company... One of them bought the other out. Even if they changed name, you may not see much of a difference. Some Krogers here have great beer selections, some have only Sam Adams representing the craft beer.

There's a place around here (PA) called Wegman's that's been doing something similar... lots of good craft beer, build your own six-pack, etc. I'm not sure how they got around it but normally you're not allowed to sell beer at grocery stores in PA. I think they designated part of the building as a restaurant and then got a liquor license or something.

Martins here sells the Mix Sixers here in N Indiana with The brewmaster's series cases but there based on the bottles price and 15% off :eek: usually 15 bucks for ones I want to try, I'm heading up to Bell's on Saturday might check out there Learn to Home brew event but definitely to get some Two Hearted from the tap :rockin: The have a Great HB Store there too.

Here is central Ohio I get to enjoy Bell's beers and I have to say they are easily one of my favorite brewery's. Two hearted is an amazing beer. I made a clone of it recently and killed it almost immediately.

we get bells way down here

Back