Zima

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh.... don't get me started. My wife's already had me looking in 4 stores for that stuff. Luckily I haven't been able to find it. But while I'm looking I do get to check out the craft section

i vaguely remember this stuff being a malt beverage version of sprite. citrus flavor? cant remember.

Fact I read somewhere, Zima and zebra urine taste the same

That's oddly specific...
barf_smiley.gif

It's back!!! Funny, I just thought of Zima the other day. I found an old bottle of cider of mine in the back of my sisters fridge and tried it. It had gotten so bland I thought "this tastes like Zima".

Some people liked it...do a search, there have been some folks who were looking for a recipe :confused:

I had a friend once who loved the stuff. I invited him over one day to have some bourbon. Told him he needed to learn to drink like a man :)

I started college in 1994 and this stuff was everywhere. I'll definitely get some just for the nostalgia.

It may take me back to the old days, or it may be like my reaction to Taco Bell: *tries Taco Bell for the first time in years* "Oh yeah ... THAT'S why I never get this stuff.

Yeah, there's a clone recipe....unfortunately, my brewing schedule is completely full and I'll never get around to trying this.

http://beerandwinejournal.com/horrible/

Hmmm... I may have to scale this down and try brewing this. I have everything needed but 7-up. It'll give me a reason to brew something different and I may score some brownie points if I make something she likes.

Just loved the stuff in the late 90's. Jet skis, bbq and lots of Zima's. I would try it again if I lived in the US.

I'm reminded of an old episode of SNL...

"And Znow A Zima Tazte Tezt. Tazte Like Zhit."
Kevin Nealon

Gotta admit, I'm not relishing the idea of putting the Zima on the counter at the grocery store.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vJgS9GvqtfM[/ame]

Sorry, maybe your memory was bad. It was great! I think they changed it for the times we are living in, not the same

I remember those. They were alright for what they were I guess. Don't try one if you're expecting anything like beer though.

Welp, just had one. That'll hold my nostalgia for another 22 or so years.

Back