YVH BRU-1 experimental hop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBrewBrotha

Hoppy Beer, Hoppy Life #WeBeBrewin
Reaction score
Has anyone tried brewing with this hop? Recently brewed an ipa with th it and developed some unpleasant garlic/onion and mesquite taste. The aroma on the other hand is amazing. Used at 20min, flameout, Whirlpool at 165F, and double Dry Hopped (high krausen and four days before packaging). Also used 1318 for yeast do not sure if the two don’t blend well. Sadly may have to dump this entire batch.

The 2019 crop is currently available from YVH. Going to snag a 1/2lb and pop it into a west coast style dIPA. Will report back with results.

Today I received a lb each of bru-1, sabro, and
el-dorado. Havent made a recipe yet but have heard reports of Sabro and Bru-1 blend tasting like pina colada.

Today I received a lb each of bru-1, sabro, and
el-dorado. Havent made a recipe yet but have heard reports of Sabro and Bru-1 blend tasting like pina colada.

What other hops might you blend with Bru-1?!

I brewed a pale ale with bru-1 and calypso. Turned out really good. First batch was base for peach ale. Second was just pale ale no peaches. Both were really good, but I preferred it without the peaches.

I will be brewing a Bru-1, Sabro, Cashmere Hazy IPA this weekend with Imperial Juice yeast.

Back