yuckies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monk

Reaction score
Good morning, all.

I have a question to throw out to y'all. I just finished bottling a batch of APA on Friday. After 13 days in a primary, I racked it to the bottling bucket and got ready to bottle. While doing this, I noticed several white bubbles rising to the surface of the green beer and bursting there. White, milky stuff came out and sunk down. It looked like a zit, sort of L. Maybe autolysis? What do you think?

Next time I'm racking it earlier, f'sure.

I have understood this to be yeast floating up when escaping gas attaches to them. The gas is CO2 in the trub, and I figure that it releases as the pressure lessens on it as the beer is emptied off. 13 days is in no way too long a time.
My first brew was a Primary only batch, and I went 14 days exactly. Mine acted the same way. In fact, I always see a little bubbling and debris movement when racking, whether it is from primary to secondary, or sec to bottle.

I wouldn't worry about it.

mwuuahahhahaa! this beer tastes so good! I'm so new that when it turns out good it just sorta seems like magic. Thanks for the advice guys.

Back