YouTube - How To Brew Videos

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLastDamnBatch

Reaction score
Seem to be millions of 'How To Brew Videos' on YouTube.

Some guy named Craig seems to have a large following with his videos (Extract kits, beer reviews).

Most of the all grain videos are not to my liking because they drag on and on.

Are there any succinct well done 'How To Brew' videos on You Tube?

What is the best, what is the worst?

What are some tips for making well done 'How To Brew' videos?

This is an old(23years) video that I had on VHS long before I even had a computer.It was done in the GTA by Charlie Papazian and was on TVO.The video is 80 min. long and is great for beginners or old pros.

http://www.somatv.com/homebrew

Thanks, SAMBUCA. That was a professionally produced video. It was interesting to see Charlie Papazian brewing and talking. It seems not much has changed with regard to beer making. Now where was this video when I started brewing!

(Does the editor of that magazine have an Apple II with an ImageWriter printer? For some reason I kept trying to picture all of those folks with todays hair styles.... Simpler times I guess.)

I have not searched for All Grain videos on You Tube, but I have to believe there are many and that some, at least, are pretty decent. If not, then someone really needs to start video taping a brewing session and putting something together. It can't be THAT hard!

Unless you throw in the fact that there are many different equipment choices and many different methods to brew All Grain... And many people aren't very good at producing a decent video.

Other than that, it should be easy for someone to film a brewing and edit it down to the nitty gritty.

The Brewing TV channel is pretty good. Unfortunately, it seems to have died since the two main hosts appear to have left Northern Brewer.

I also like Basic Brewing Video's channel. They mostly do small batch brew in a bag, but they make some interesting recipes and some of their ideas are pretty helpful. They are also all under about 10 minutes and available on iTunes as well.

i just came to this thread after checking the BrewingTV site and finding that they still haven't put out another episode despite the other hosts saying that it would still be produced. I found them as i got into brewing and it was invaluable. if you're looking for a great How to Brew Video, check out "all grain brewing with John Palmer" on the northern brewer website.

TheLastDamnBatch said:
Seem to be millions of 'How To Brew Videos' on YouTube.

Some guy named Craig seems to have a large following with his videos (Extract kits, beer reviews).

Most of the all grain videos are not to my liking because they drag on and on.

Are there any succinct well done 'How To Brew' videos on You Tube?

What is the best, what is the worst?

What are some tips for making well done 'How To Brew' videos?

CraigTube IMHO has a lot of good information as well as donosborn he has some good info and brewing techniques. Search for his videos I think you'll enjoy them!

Sammy

This is an old(23years) video that I had on VHS long before I even had a computer.It was done in the GTA by Charlie Papazian and was on TVO.The video is 80 min. long and is great for beginners or old pros.

http://www.somatv.com/homebrew

I just watched this move. Gotta love the 80's mullets and cheesy attire. Kinda interesting how some things have changed in the past 20 years such as sanitizing with bleach and not star san.

Latest posts

Back