Youre in the restroom (5am)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahaley

Reaction score
At work, no one is supposed to be where you are, but you and janitors. The lights go out as a door slams. First though that pops to mind is_______
I'm saying this because it just happened and I want to see how other people react to such an event.
First thought. Zombies.
Next. DOOM
Third, that A hole janitor turned the lights off on me >:E

It's DOOM for sure.

Grab that Double Barrel stashed on the paper towel dispenser and load up.

Get 'em close and hit 'em with both. Don't forget to strafe around corners and try not to mind the creepy music. It's only there to scare you.

Trade up for a better weapon when you clear the narrow passages. You can find the rocket launcher outside in the courtyard.

And it pays to stop every once in a while and listen for doors opening and demons growling.

It looks like someone took the double barrel :(
I'm stuck with my flash light and fists... Let's do this demons mono e mono! Whatcha got!?

Does it make me a nerd if the first 2 answer were real thoughts that popped up?
Lol

So you posted all this (the original AND the reply, 54 minutes later) in the bathroom, with the lights off? I somehow feel e-dirty. :drunk:

Conan said:
So you posted all this (the original AND the reply, 54 minutes later) in the bathroom, with the lights off? I somehow feel e-dirty. :drunk:

Lol, yes? I work security so I have a flashlight, but I wasn't in the bathroom the whole time. I posted that when I happened, then finished what my intestines started, and walked out after attempting to wash my hands and find paper towel cover shotguns in the dark lol.

GilaMinumBeer said:
Been there done that. Cept' our bathroom lights are on a motion/timer.

So, I just waved my arms around.

Well aren't you high tech, my lights apparently want to sleep as much as I did at 5am

Homercidal said:
The light at the end of the tunnel are just flying skulls...

Good to know I'm not the only doom nerd, and I guess doom 4 has been confirmed (?):)

It looks like someone took the double barrel :(
I'm stuck with my flash light and fists... Let's do this demons mono e mono! Whatcha got!?

Does it make me a nerd if the first 2 answer were real thoughts that popped up?
Lol

Why would that make you a nerd. Better safe than sorry.

Well aren't you high tech, my lights apparently want to sleep as much as I did at 5am

Yes and no. It's the whole "Green Energy Management" movement on public buildings. Toilet lights go out, vending machines power down, and non dedicated power outlets get turned off too.

So, that fridge in the office that is not "allowed" to be on a ded power circuit, yep, mandatory overnight defrost. Enjoy your sour milk NOOB.

Wish I'd brought my bathroom defense kit?

I wish I found the bfg-3000, but alas I'm weaponless. Except my home brew bottle bombs lol. I'll have to build a bandolier for bottle bombs for when the lights go out.

And wow about the dedicated outlets, that's bad... You should find a dedicated outlet, an run a long extension cord for the mini fridge lol

I wish I found the bfg-3000, but alas I'm weaponless. Except my home brew bottle bombs lol. I'll have to build a bandolier for bottle bombs for when the lights go out.

And wow about the dedicated outlets, that's bad... You should find a dedicated outlet, an run a long extension cord for the mini fridge lol

Tried that. Got busted.

Monthly survey.

Reminds me of a crap job I had right after high school at a restaurant. I'm a bit claustrophobic and the walk-in cooler gave me a little trouble but as long as I kept the door partway opened I could go in and get stuff.

One of the cooks thought it would be funny to slam the door shut and turn the light out right after I went in one night. I spun around and gave the door a kick in a little bit of a panic.

Turns out the guy was dumb enough that after locking a claustrophobic in a freezer, he stayed standing right in front of the door to laugh. When I came out he was sprawled out on his back on a prep table, out cold for about 10-15 seconds. They had to send him home for the rest of the night.

I never did get in any trouble for knocking him out. :D

ChshreCat said:
Reminds me of a crap job I had right after high school at a restaurant. I'm a bit claustrophobic and the walk-in cooler gave me a little trouble but as long as I kept the door partway opened I could go in and get stuff.

One of the cooks thought it would be funny to slam the door shut and turn the light out right after I went in one night. I spun around and gave the door a kick in a little bit of a panic.

Turns out the guy was dumb enough that after locking a claustrophobic in a freezer, he stayed standing right in front of the door to laugh. When I came out he was sprawled out on his back on a prep table, out cold for about 10-15 seconds. They had to send him home for the rest of the night.

I'm not claustrophobic, but I do have a crap job!
Good, hope he learned his lesson lol

Well played sir!:mug:

Nothing but poorly lit hallways and doorways with no doors. Man these interior decorators really have weird taste...

some branch of government building? Even hospitals have security doors for lock downs.
Strange if it's newer construction

So.........the light on a timer slammed the bathroom door?

WTF is this thread? ;)

Man the Doom movie sucked. No surprise.

cheezydemon3 said:
So.........the light on a timer slammed the bathroom door?

WTF is this thread? ;)

Man the Doom movie sucked. No surprise.

In order, I think it was when the "power" was cut abruptly while it was being used? Like the school gyms where they make the "chk chk chk chk" sound as lights turn on? This thread is my mind at work lol. The movie was less than good compared to the games :p

starrfish said:
some branch of government building? Even hospitals have security doors for lock downs.
Strange if it's newer construction

It's pretty new I'd guess, but I was quoting a game video making fun of the game lol. The game was FEAR and they name it PANICS(the parody of the game)
The only govt space they have is recruiters offices, but like every stairwell I go through is very dim, and the building smell weird •_•

passedpawn said:
Friend of mine got fired over a bathroom prank.

He thought it would be funny to use the forklift to pick up a port-a-potty while his boss was in it. He accidentally tipped the whole thing over.

Nice! Well not nice that sucks he got fired but it's funny ;)

I loved Doom. I would play for hours online. I bought a 3rd party modem interface so I could play on my 14,000 BAUD modem without loading windows 1st. Allowed for more resources available to run the game more efficiently.

My favorite weapon was the shotgun. Roaming the dark hallways with that double barrel was as good as it gets. Turn the corner & BLAM...... in their face!

In order, I think it was when the "power" was cut abruptly while it was being used? Like the school gyms where they make the "chk chk chk chk" sound as lights turn on? This thread is my mind at work lol. The movie was less than good compared to the games :p

Lol. :mug:

I loved Doom. I would play for hours online. I bought a 3rd party modem interface so I could play on my 14,000 BAUD modem without loading windows 1st. Allowed for more resources available to run the game more efficiently.

My favorite weapon was the shotgun. Roaming the dark hallways with that double barrel was as good as it gets. Turn the corner & BLAM...... in their face!

RE 4 with the wii and shotgun is pretty gosh damned fun. That pointer makes it so immersive! (real). the gun moves in real time as you do, points where you point. Not so much turn the corner and face blast (not many corners in that one), but crowd control is AWESOME!.....

Blast the group with the shotgun, switch to pistol and pick off survivors, switch back if they regroup.;)

Yeah, I always have my phone, so I always have a flash light. But do I want to flip on a light? Might give my position away.

I'd drink a potion of night vision and then use hide in shadows to see without being seen.

Zuljin said:
Yeah, I always have my phone, so I always have a flash light. But do I want to flip on a light? Might give my position away.

I'd drink a potion of night vision and then use hide in shadows to see without being seen.

you said flash light, I read flesh light. Which I have, and its awesome. Never use my hand(s) again

you said flash light, I read flesh light. Which I have, and its awesome. Never use my hand(s) again

Well. Okay. Good to know. But are you using this in work's restroom at 5am? And if you are, how does it fit into your defense strategy? Is your flesh light named defense strategy? Does one normally name their flesh light?

My first thought would be "Now how in the hell am I gonna know when I am done wiping???"

Wow I didn't realize this thread would become so popular! Lol and I guess you'd wipe until you're outta tp? I forgot, I also have a baton incase the zombies with a wrench decide they want some!
The double barrel in doom was off the hook!

Back