Your Thanksgiving Day plans?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Karr

Reaction score
OK, fellow brewers....what are you gonna do on Thanksgiving Day?

SWMBO, the kids and I are having our own dinner at 1-ish, and then having a second feast with the rest of my family at my brother's place at six.

I have a feeling we'll be stuffed!:ban:

im going to be shelling out homebrew and apfelwein and having thanksgiving with the little womans family tomorrow afternoon, then friday were taking a trip down to my folks place for yet another round of homebrew, apfelwein, cocktails and goodies.

my younger brother is going to be back for the long weekend from the US Army, so that will be really great to see him as well!

:mug:

orfy said:
Happy Thanksgiving.

Is it Sunday?

Tomorrow.

SWMBO and I are going to my uncle's house. My mom, her sister, and two brothers and families will all be there. We haven't all gotten together in a long time, it should be fun.

I'm going to do what I would have liked to do on Canadian Thanksgiving - brew beer, drink beer, eat good food and watch football.

orfy said:
Happy Thanksgiving.

Is it Sunday?

Thanksgiving Day in the U.S. is always the 4th Thursday in November.

I'm going to eat too much, drink too much, watch the Packers win, and the Cowboys lose. (I hope):D

Oh, and somewhere in there I gotta cook the feast........:drunk:

I wish I had some homebrew ready but it will still be a great T-day with out.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody..

We are having it at my house. About 15 people. Lot's of food. Lot's of drink and lot's of football...What's better than that. Cheers.

Oh, I'm gonna have an AWESOME Thanksgiving. I just looked outside and it's snowing to beat the band! Woo-Hoo!:ban: :ban:

Life is indeed good.:rockin:

Bernie Brewer said:
....watch the Packers win, and the Cowboys lose....

ditto!!!

I'm passing out whats left of my HB (minus my personal stash:rockin:) and a butt load of Apfelwein! Also a couple bottles of Wine and Mead.

I'm hitting 3 different family dinners in two days!

Possibly do some night fishing

go on a big QUAD RIDE

but on a sadder not, daughter is sick for the first time....it really sucks. Poor baby is gonna be miserable away from home with a cold!:(

a nice 4 day weekend that has turned into a 5 day weekend because I have to be in court first thing Monday morning!

Going to a small get-together with a few friends. We're bringing a few pies, sweet potato casserole, and mac & cheese (by request - I make a helluva a baked mac & cheese recipe). Oh yeah, and beer. I'm bringing some porter and Thunderstruck.

Bernie Brewer said:
Oh, I'm gonna have an AWESOME Thanksgiving. I just looked outside and it's snowing to beat the band! Woo-Hoo!:ban: :ban:

Life is indeed good.:rockin:

let it snow! weve had some flurries here on and off all day, kind of a nice view out of my office window! a forest, lake, and some snowfall!

Just over to my Uncle's place. It'll only be 6 of us, but last year he had 4 - 6 packs of craft brew and I brought 2 more. Only my uncle, me, and my SWMBO drink beer. Hopefully it will be a repeat tomorrow.

But as a cook, it's one of my favourite days. I also found out today I have to plan/cook for 2 Christmas dinners during that time, so I'm pretty stoked.

Notta damn thing!

SWMBO and I are alone with no family in the area, and the neighbors all out of town... we're gonna sleep in, get drunk & play video games, then stuff ourselves and lay on the couch in pain watching TV...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Well it's 1am now and I get to go down and sample the "amazing!" hospital thanksgiving food they have.

I have to work tomorrow as well 7p-7a.....:mad: so you guys eat like kings for me!

Head up to Portland for the Orphans Thanksgiving. Some of the attendees are just geographic orphans.

And this year, I'm really thankful Cougar (a greyhound) seems to be recovering from an extended illness. Lost 25 pounds and literally was down to skin & bones.

Back