Young Love advice needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomslang

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I know this is a bit of a soppy post but id really appreciate some help on the matter.

Basically, last September, I met a girl in college (sixth form in the UK) and developed feelings for her over time. They were requited, but not as much as I'd have liked so we both essentially remained single even though I was a bit head over heels for her.

I wasn't treat very well by her but we remain awkward friends a year later. Now its all blown over, but theres still a fair amount of water under the bridge for us, im in a sticky situation.

She has a friend who is absolutely gorgeous, long legs, cute smile, the works. We even have the same taste as each other from what ive gathered and ive heard it through the grapevine that she finds me attractive.

I really want to get talking to her, but im feeling like I'm putting myself at risk of being turned down or embarrassed since she is friends with the first girl I mentioned.

Could anyone help me out with this? I'm not just trying to have sex with her either, I think we'd really hit it off. Do I go there or leave it as is.

Thanks chaps.

Although I feel this is waaaayyyy:off:, I would say if you want something go for it. I live my life with no regrets. Have I made stupid mistakes....uh yep, lots. But those mistakes have made me who I am so I dont regret them. The worst she could say is no.:mug:

Worst case scenario, you get shot down, feel awkward and foolish for a week or so, then get over it.

Go for it. You'll regret it if you don't.

asking a bunch of drunks about dating advice may not be a great idea. that said, if your feelings for the previous girl are not what they once were, chances are they will not work out. if this other girl is interested, you'll pawnch yourself in the berries if you never try.

As long as you're up for putting yourself out there, I say go for a threesome with both ladies. Worst case scenario they laugh at you; best case scenario you're in a threesome.

bdf9a945c24c5eb10c4d2f4290a4f018_zps6adc5da7.jpg

Maybe share a homebrew or something, get her to relax a little (not enough to bill cosby it or anything), and see where things go. If she is even a tiny bit interested in your homebrewing hobby, then it's definitely worth the risk of asking.

20 or 30 years from now, when you're looking back on your life, do you want to be able to say you had the guts to talk to the girl, or do you want to sit there & wonder about "what if's?"
Regards, GF.

Go for the 3-way! You never know what could happen!

If they're into it, just don't be like Jerry...

(Favorite part is how mad George gets when Jerry tells him he's not going to go through with it. He was *REALLY* looking forward to doing this vicariously through Jerry...

Last edited by a moderator:
You could tell her we're friends. I'm quite popular with the ladies, so by association that's probably enough for a BJ.

Hey everyone, I know this is a bit of a soppy post but id really appreciate some help on the matter.

Basically, last September, I met a girl in college (sixth form in the UK) and developed feelings for her over time. They were requited, but not as much as I'd have liked so we both essentially remained single even though I was a bit head over heels for her.

I wasn't treat very well by her but we remain awkward friends a year later. Now its all blown over, but theres still a fair amount of water under the bridge for us, im in a sticky situation.

She has a friend who is absolutely gorgeous, three feet tall, no teeth, flat head, mute, beer flavored nipples, the works. We even have the same taste as each other from what ive gathered and ive heard it through the grapevine that she finds me attractive.

I really want to get talking to her, but im feeling like I'm putting myself at risk of being turned down or embarrassed since she is friends with the first girl I mentioned.

Could anyone help me out with this? I'm not just trying to have sex with her either, I think we'd really hit it off. Do I go there or leave it as is.

Thanks chaps.

I would rather be shot down by trying than to always wonder what could've been.

...BTW...I fixed your post for ya.

Unless is causes sores and puss and has no known cure, of course.

...but, if the beer-flavored nipples are also a contagious symptom, sliver lining?

Seriously, man, go for it – if it doesn't work out, it's the easiest thing in the world to chalk it up to not everybody being a good match or the slings and arrows of bad timing. There are, after all, many other fish in the ocean – but it's the ones you never even cast your line at which will leave you kicking yourself years down the road.

If you're not sure, to finish things, heat things up with a diacetyl rest, then swirl gently.

Hey, if the first lady has an issue, oh well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Do it. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Ask any guy about the one that got away. Woulda-shoulda-coulda...

If nothing else, if may make the original girl insanely jealous, and that may come back to you in a good way.

Do it. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Ask any guy about the one that got away. Woulda-shoulda-coulda...

If nothing else, if may make the original girl insanely jealous, and that may come back to you in a good way.

Cheers man, im just afraid it'll get back to the first girl and she wont talk back because of a moral grey area. You get me?

I don't regret any of the things I've done in my life. Only the things I didn't do.
(And if you sub the word "women" for the word "things" in the above statement, it is also accurate)

Cheers man, im just afraid it'll get back to the first girl and she wont talk back because of a moral grey area. You get me?

Ask her if she would be cool with it. If she has an issue, then she likely has interest in you that way. If not, then she isn't a very good friend anyway - she doesn't want a relationship with you but does not want you courting her friend either. Pretty selfish if that is the case.

Honestly I am too old for games people play. I'd take the 'nuclear' option and pursue the friend. If she is not cool with it, ask her why after the fact. Don't let what probably won't be (based on previous experience) block you from what might *could* be (based on observations with her friend)

Meanwhile, she and her friends are having some over analytical Sex and the City style discussion about why you haven't made a move yet. ("Guess he's not into you. Go out with that other guy.") Time's a-wastin', old chum.

Back