You people are really bad for me.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northbank

Reaction score
So one day I thought, I'd like to Brew a beer ... it sounds basically like cooking and I like to cook. I'm not a beer guy. I drink it, but I never cared about it, happy with a Miller Lite ... never cared for beer snobs ......

.... 4-5 weeks later I had a fridge full of assorted IPAs so I can figure out what hop tastes I like, I just opened up my two week old bottled porter to find that it was pretty good. I find myself rinsing bottles as soon as I drink them and I know what IBUs are. There is a whole new strange language. Traub. Sparge. Krausen ....

... I spend my days reading beer recipes, my friends know I am on the looking for a big old fridge because of lagering, I have a friend I made at the LHBS ... I know what a LHBS is .... I HAVE YEAST GROWING IN MY FRIDGE ... I AM MAKING MY OWN BEER CRATES (out of untreated cedar pickets) ....

What in the actual f*** happened to my life?

:mug:

Having fun, Kansas City.

I still like Miller Lite, but I've discovered I am a real hop head ..... also the years of answered questions here have been invaluable.

Learning something new is good for your brain... Drinking a little beer may be good for your health, so clearly you've imersed yourself in the hobby so you can live a good long life. :D carry on.

image.jpg

Welcome to the obsession, *um, hobby*.

I know what you mean...
People at work and church think that I am listening to them... but really I am brewing in my head (writing recipes, planning what to buy next, contemplating my hop inventory).

Get out now while you still can! *hehe*
Actually, it sounds like I'm too late.

If you continue down this path you will soon have one of those moments where you realize you use go to the store and purchase beer... but now you really can't (won't) anymore.

Welcome from another KC'r.... Definitely a enjoyable hobby... Plus not only do you get to reap the rewards of the seeds that you've sown, but you can savor them for a while ....

Back