You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Released the keg pressure down to 10 psi this morning. Blew some nice hoppy co2 into the air at 5:30 AM before my flight. #dryhopping #kegdryhopftw

My son & I just got back from Home Depot where I dropped a bit over $110. I needed some 2" angle steel to make a rear bumper cover mounting bracket for my custom RBC. Plus some wide aluminum strip, washers, bolts, nuts, etc to fix the broken wheel on the lawn mower. Then, of course, my mind wanders back to my brewing. I spotted a chrome plated steel 4 shelf wire unit,then also bought two clear/blue dunnage containers to fit it. Then my son found me some Scotch brand velcro-looking adjustable straps I can use to strap the refrigerant gel packs around the fermenter.
So now I can do another bit of remodeling to the man cave/brewery. I'll have to get some pics later. At least now I can get my dry brewing ingredients & some other stuff on the shelves! :rockin:

Today I discovered that I did not add enough potassium sorbate to my last batch of wine. The pics don't really do it justice ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407281097.075154.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1407281113.027617.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1407281131.077153.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Today I discovered that I did not add enough potassium sorbate to my last batch of wine. The pics don't really do it justice

Looks like you need to take the Dexter Morgan route and cover everything in plastic sheeting next time!

My mother was less then pleased and has decided that we will open all future bottles outside

...When the exterminator sees your beer room, full of empties bottles, 6 pack carriers, and cases, and asks you if you're a distributor.

When your wife, who makes a lot of white milk gravy and you use the leftovers on toast asks "Is that gravy or yeast slurry?"

When you can walk into a house you've never been in, owned by people you've never met, but can sense there's brewing equipment in there. Happened today. Did work for a customer I've never worked for and just knew there had to be brewing stuff there. Sure enough, in the middle of the second floor living room was a full starter kit from northern brewer and a caribou slobber recipe kit. It was one of his Father's Day gifts.

When you can walk into a house you've never been in, owned by people you've never met, but can sense there's brewing equipment in there. Happened today. Did work for a customer I've never worked for and just knew there had to be brewing stuff there. Sure enough, in the middle of the second floor living room was a full starter kit from northern brewer and a caribou slobber recipe kit. It was one of his Father's Day gifts.

The Force is strong with this one.....

When you buy a few Sixers to try and have your taste testing influenced by the fact that they came in screw top bottles. (Wanted to reuse those bottles dag nabbit!)

When you buy a few Sixers to try and have your taste testing influenced by the fact that they came in screw top bottles. (Wanted to reuse those bottles dag nabbit!)

I know, right? Pi$$es me off when craft (or any) beer makers use twist offs...

Makes you really appreciate the breweries that make thinks easy though. Muskoka brewery takes it the whole 9, easy to cap and the labels are plastic stickers. Get your thumbnail under it and its gone.

When you get home from vacation and start reading a mag that's been laying around and your wife gets you a surprise 12 pack to help broadin my horizons of beer styles. And when you first get home even before unpacking the car check on your hop plants

Hop plants
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407719540.185266.jpg

The mag that's been laying around I think the kid hid it or I just misplaced it while drinking one night lol
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407719610.593515.jpg

The 12 pack of all 12 packs lol
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407719444.620342.jpg

When the last 12 emails in your sent folder are to breweries asking for help from them while you try to clone some of your favorite beers from them.

When your significan other kicks you outa bed because youre sweating hops in your sleep.... its like garlic

When swmbo is allergic to dairy, eats coconut milk cheese and says it's too sweet. I wonder if I could make some and add some bittering hops to counter act the sweetness...

At first I thought, "Wow, she's quite accepting of my hobby!" But now I think that she's onto me... I've shown up on her radar and raised her suspicions and now she wants to thoroughly track every cent which I commit to beer.

The other day I left my refractometer on the counter and she looked into it and asked "And you need this thing for what, exactly??"

When you have a second bathroom in your apartment that you use to store your kegerator and fermentation fridge because there is no room in the kitchen...

When you haven't brewed in a couple months and want to put kegerator to use you throw water with lemon/lime/orange juice in empty keg...crack and roll it for Seltzer in 10 minutes

when you burn 2 days of vacation to drive 1200 miles to pick up that brewstand you saw on the for sale thread and your mind just keep on saying that's the sexiest thing you saw today.... you need the god damned thing! and on the way back, with the thing on the back of the truck, you already make a list on what you will need to make it
'sexier" :)

At first I thought, "Wow, she's quite accepting of my hobby!" But now I think that she's onto me... I've shown up on her radar and raised her suspicions and now she wants to thoroughly track every cent which I commit to beer.

The other day I left my refractometer on the counter and she looked into it and asked "And you need this thing for what, exactly??"

prostate exam.... she will never touch it again!

Latest posts

Back