You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you you have a failed, 1% abv, brew that is not that good. And you force yourself to drink it to make room for your next brew because you made it and don't want to waste it

When you you have a failed, 1% abv, brew that is not that good. And you force yourself to drink it to make room for your next brew because you made it and don't want to waste it

Choke it all down. I did for a chocolate stout. I had to add coffee or maple syrup to make it palatable.

When you receive a notification from your electronic work calendar that you have to brew in the next two weeks for the beer to be ready for some holiday or other special event.

When you time an online order so you will be home to receive the package, mostly so you can dispose of box before SWMBO asks: what did you buy now???

Absolutely! I just did that with my new false bottom! Cheers

when you look at the list of recipes you have lined up and realize most will have to age too long to deal with it so you make an entirely new recipe just to push it through quicker

When you time an online order so you will be home to receive the package, mostly so you can dispose of box before SWMBO asks: what did you buy now???

this one is out for me: UPS, FedEx and USPS all arrive so late, the BigHair is already home by the time they're delivered

Yeah,me too. I was really surprised when she realized that big metal & wood thing was a new grain mill! She was genuinly happy!? Of course I did tell her that I can do a 5 gallon PM for about $15.50. Ahhh...just barely startin to smell the mash. At least I know I got the right crush this time in far less time...:ban::ban:

Ahhh....nothing like the morning after check of the fermenter:rockin:

Glad I did that this morning. Opened the ferm chamber and saw the yeast packets sitting on top of the fermenters. Still full. D'oh. My hose water was too warm, put it all in the ferm chamber to cool off. Got distracted while drinking. Its ok. Pitched it and things should be going strong by now.

When you see a Hop cone instead of one of those new retractable hoses.

image-4049457118.jpg

...when you spend a 3 day weekend bottling,brewing,bbqing & drinking home brew!:ban::mug::ban:

yesterday was bbq & bottling & drinking

today is grilling & brewing & drinking

tomorrow will be a sober morning, have to photograph a Memorial Day ceremony for the VFW.

but then it's back to drinking

When you are doing inventory to see if you should get in on a local group buy.

150 lbs domestic 2 row
Around 50 lbs pilsner
50 lb marris otter
20lb black patent
15 lb chocolate
10lb cara pils
10lb acidulated
10lb honey
5lb each of crystal 20, 40, 60
10 lb flaked oat
10lb rye
10 lb light dme

1 lb millennium
1 lb cascade
Just under 1lb centennial and willamette
8oz citra
6 oz saaz
2oz Falconers
2oz hersbucker
1oz ahtanum

5 packs us05
Vials of:
wlp540
Wy1056
Wy1762
Wlp550
Wlp565
Brett b
Brett c
Brett l
Wy1335
Wy3522
A fresh pack of roeselare

Dreg cultures from st bernardus

Vials of 4 different proprietary house strains from allagash including their bugs.

And you still order 50 lbs of wheat, because you don't have any

libeerty said:

One of the many reason I always have it delivered to my work. ;-)

When your back & quadraceps are going south,but you insist on finishing cleaning up after yesterday's bottling day & a brewday today. bbq & home brews tomorrow to celebrate a successful holiday weekend!!
noteworthy is the fact that there were two nutrient packs in my smackpack when I cut it open...?

When you push your honeymoon to the right a few days so you can get a brew day in. Return from honeymoon and go to secondary....... Yup sold it!! I get a 3 day brew window!

When you start building a room addition to your house because you outgrew the storage space previously allocated by SWMBO. But hey new brew room set up to my preferences will be good for me.

When flexibility to attend brewing events and home brew club are a major consideration when considering a change in career.

When you are running low on chicken feed and decide its time to brew so the chickens can eat!

When your alarm goes off in the morning and you sprint to the fermentation chamber just to see if it kicked off. You rejoice with the burping happy yeast, then head back to your room for a shower.

I once had my fermenter in the bedroom. I woke up at 4 am to sounds of a chattering airlock. The only time I have ever woken up that early and smiled.

When you really can tell a beer is skunking in the sun after like 10 minutes on the patio. Never noticed it before, but now that i'm "that guy", its there clear as day.

When you see this at work and visualize a three vessel system and think all I need is a few ball valves and my angle grinder and I'm set!

IMAG0898.jpg

When you come home from work and the first thing you do is go sniff your airlocks to smell the sweet aroma that you have created, you then ask SWMBO to come take a sniff and she replies, I did when I got home a few hours ago.

When you come home from work and the first thing you do is go sniff your airlocks to smell the sweet aroma that you have created, you then ask SWMBO to come take a sniff and she replies, I did when I got home a few hours ago.

She is a keeper !!

Latest posts

Back