You know your girlfriend/wife is a keeper when . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When she, on her own accord, makes room in the kitchen fridge for your jars of harvested yeast.

Mine just covered my half the rent so I could dump a bunch of cash on my keg fridge set up, plus bought me my first deluxe home brew start up kit. Even before I started brewing she would pick me up beer on her way home, but no cheap ****, she refuses cause she doesn't like the smell. Good woman I'd say.

I knew my boyfriend was a keeper when after helping out with a few batches I asked him if he wanted to brew on his own. I asked him what style he wanted to brew and he said "Oktoberfest!!". Just two Germans nerding out on the ultimate German beer style. :)

Well, I knew before that, but you get the idea. :mug:

Never got around to brewing that 120 Minute clone but she did recently agree to road trip to Delaware just so we can go to DFH in Milton and Rehobeth. Definitely a keeper.

Coming from a girl here...I know I will have found the one when he helps brew and bottle without complaining how much work this all is. My brew buddy (who is not on here..so no worries) keeps hinting at dating. I know it wont work... I refuse to date anyone who complains when making beer! Not to mention I get stuck cleaning everything and making all the starters, candi sugar, ect... even though it is supposed to be a 50/50 partnership!

So I think from here on out instead of going on first dates to a restaurant, I am going to invite any guy who wants to go on a date over to brew as an elimination process :D Good brewer = keeper! :p

Coming from a girl here...I know I will have found the one when he helps brew and bottle without complaining how much work this all is. My brew buddy (who is not on here..so no worries) keeps hinting at dating. I know it wont work... I refuse to date anyone who complains when making beer! Not to mention I get stuck cleaning everything and making all the starters, candi sugar, ect... even though it is supposed to be a 50/50 partnership!

So I think from here on out instead of going on first dates to a restaurant, I am going to invite any guy who wants to go on a date over to brew as an elimination process :D Good brewer = keeper! :p

You do know that the single guys on this site are now lining up... :mug:

Well,i taught my wife how to brew after she picked out a kit at the lhbs one tax time. she loved it. She even helps me out on brew/bottling days when requested. she's since developed some medical snafus,so she can't drink anymore. she hates that around the holidays. It's frustrating to me that the poor thing can't drink my beers,especialy since I've goten way better at it since. But a lil bit ago,I was talking about some cleaning out & rearanging in the ol' man cave/brewery. I have some reclining racing buckets I could never afford the mounts for I wanna sell. My bucket doesn't fit the skinny boy seats anymore. She then ralized the medium size fridge I want would be a good idea. She said she can't put more dishes of foods in the fridge for special meals ahead of time with my beers,jars of yeast,etc in there. But if she does,...no room for beer. So she thinks the smaller fridge in the man cave is an resonable,logical idea! :ban:HOORAH!:ban::rockin:

I leave every summer for 3 months for work, her response was learned how to brew and kept the pipeline going so I could come home to fresh IPA!

My then fiance insisted that I brew the beer for our wedding. And she doesn't mind when I spend a day off work brewing a few batches!

My wife helps on the bottling line. To me, that is more than enough repayment for that once a month visitor.

I guess I'm really lucky my doesn't drink and she is always willing to help me when needed. She also picks up and surprises me with new kits to try and picks a lot of my ingredients up from my lhbs

My wife started out being a blue moon only fan but now loves IPAs. I made an IPA that was over 100 ibu and she probably went beer for beer with me for the whole batch.

When the burner starts to sputter from low gas, she sat and held down the igniter button for a half hour while I ran out and got a new tank (I knew I should have gotten a backup before then; but she never said a word)
She likes when I brew and bottle, because I mop the floor afterwards.
When I wanted to brew beer for our wedding, but the venue we chose didn't allow non-distributor beer, much less homebrew, she made sure to set up the shower so I could brew and serve homebrew.
Tells me when she sees Groupons at the LHBS, when I don't get the emails.
Didn't mind when I took over a third of the basement when I moved in for my cellar and homebrew equipment.
Actually called and told me when she saw a huge pot at a garage sale, saying that it would make a great brew pot.

Yeah, I got a winner here :D :D :D :D

Loves my homebrewing, thinks it's a great hobby and loves the final product even more. She honestly believes it saves us money and she braggs to everyone that "I can brew great beer".

She also wears thongs and likes to screw...but ya thats besides the point.

Mine hates beer, I can't even describe the foul face she makes when tasting it. But she knows I love it and is willing to play along with my quest to find the one beer that will open the door for her. She tries a sip of every new beer and homebrew I have. The closest I have come is a nelson saison I brewed and Sophie, both of which she took a second sip of and proclaimed...I could drink a half a glass of that.

Gotta love her for still trying new ones and humoring me!

My wife is a keeper because she buys me these things while I am deployed!!! She has amazing taste when she buys me beer!

Marie Csar.jpg

Marie Grand Cru.jpg

Marie Mephestopheles.jpg

Marie Pumking.jpg

Marie Verloren.jpg

I guess I'm really lucky my doesn't drink and she is always willing to help me when needed. She also picks up and surprises me with new kits to try and picks a lot of my ingredients up from my lhbs

guess we can't complain about their shopping habits all the time, especially when they are picking up our beer ingredients at the LHBS

my girlfriend is a saint and never has once complained about picking up fresh yeast at the LHBS...she even knows what strains I need based on the style I am brewing!:ban:

Mine hates beer, I can't even describe the foul face she makes when tasting it. But she knows I love it and is willing to play along with my quest to find the one beer that will open the door for her. She tries a sip of every new beer and homebrew I have. The closest I have come is a nelson saison I brewed and Sophie, both of which she took a second sip of and proclaimed...I could drink a half a glass of that.

Gotta love her for still trying new ones and humoring me!

My girlfriend didn't hate beer, but it wasn't her go-to. It still probably isn't, but much like yours, she tries a sip (sometimes drinks the whole damn thing!) of whatever commercial beer I am trying (she is an IPA and sour lover now!).

She is also a huge supporter of my love for homebrewing, even though she knows it is a huge money pit. And she is brutally honest with her feedback of my homebrews, which can be hard to find, especially with those close to you.

Day 2 of having kegged beer, SWMBO proclaimed (after coming up from the basement with a pint of Texas Brown) that getting into kegging was maybe the greatest idea I ever had.

I was complaining about wanting repetability to accurately create test batches and have a base line for brewhouse efficiency....

She tells me .... Why not just spend the money on some automation for temp controls and a good timer....

Now I got 2 sets of vr8200 valves conversion kit and pilots all for $85 shipped. 3 eBay sources heh. Now just need to order my low pressure conversion orifaces orify? And parts for internal control panel Thats another 90 from ebrewsupply and a pid 2352 and rtds

Needless to say 2 more paychecks and I will have a decent setup. But my swmbo says I have to make a leffe clone for her.

And if she likes it I get the green light on a 15 gal connical. Muahahah

When you don't tell her your building a keezer and 5 huge boxes arrive in a week and she doesn't even ask how much it costs. When she sees the end product she says "great job! Can we put it in the house?"

God I love this woman. She doesn't even drink beer.

...When she finally decides to ask if she can go into the lhbs with you. I was truly surprised. She did like the beers I'd made up to that point. She went over to the kits to have alook,& I told her to pick out whichever one looked good to her. I even taught her how to brew it herself. Being a good cook,she did a great job. She said it was a lot like makin soup or something. Gotta love that!...:rockin::ban:

She picks up beers she thinks I might like when she's away on business.

And makes good choices!!

My wife is the shiznittle. She asked me when I was going to brew an IPA the other day. When I said I didn't know she told me to get on it! Then today she woke up and told me to go buy a new shotgun so i could go duck hunting.

When you packed the can of Copenhagen wrong and the lid flys off getting it in your eyes. The gilr you just met comes over and licks it out of your eyes. Not mine but a friend had that done for him. Yes he did marry her. Yes NASTY

When you packed the can of Copenhagen wrong and the lid flys off getting it in your eyes. The gilr you just met comes over and licks it out of your eyes. Not mine but a friend had that done for him. Yes he did marry her. Yes NASTY

That's either the sweetest thing I've ever read or the most disgusting. :drunk:

Latest posts

Back