You can call me Judo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judochop

Reaction score
Been a subscriber and reader of Zymurgy and BYO and all of Michael Jackson's work for over a decade. And wouldn't you know it... I just started all-grain brewing this past month. Go figure.

The reason behind my delay? I'm a perfectionist. And technically inept. Thus I tend to read and read and read, perpetually unsure of myself and fearful to ever step in and take the plunge.

But it's a brand new day and a brand new Judo, ready to chop away at those beta-amlyases.

I've got a 5-gallon cooler for a HTL, and both a 10-gallon stainless steel mash/lauter tun and kettle I grabbed from morebeer.com. First two batches have been a British-sytle IPA (dry hopping as we speak) and a Foreign Extra (tropical) Sytle stout, just wrapping up in the primary. A little success (I presume, at least) has gong a long way towards getting me off my butt and into the garage brewing and... back on my butt again, I suppose.

Next step... kegging. And finding a way to improve my chill-down process.

Nice to be here.

See ya around.

um....they don't do "judo chops" in judo...;)

Um...... this guys begs to differ

austinpowers_140.jpg

Welcome Judo!

Just make sure you handle your fermenter/carboy gently....don't "flip" or "throw" it to move it:D

Latest posts

Back