You are NOT going to believe this!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We were leaving this evening for our trip, right? We have to go to Rhinelander, WI and had a motel there for tonight. Well, I tried to check in on the web, and there was a "problem". After being on hold for 30 minutes, a very nice agent told me there were some issues with that flight (at 6:00 AM tomorrow) and the later flights were going to be cancelled probably because of weather.

So, can you come in a couple of hours, and catch an early flight and spend an extra day in Ft Lauderdale before the flight on Friday to the Bahamas? I say, "Heck yes!" The nice lady at the Rhinelander hotel cancelled our reservation without any charge. Got on priceline and got a 3*beach hotel for tonight for $99! I'm leaving in an hour. I'll be on the beach at 8:05 tonight, baby! :rockin:

Cheers all!

Yeah, I was sure it was going to be something like "they closed the Bahamas." Congrats on the bonus day! :ban:

ttiwwp.gif

(shamefully swiping a smilie from another vb board that sums up what you need to do to once you get to your destination :) )

I'm just glad you got outa the Nort Woods der eh b4 the big whomping uh snow came in der. I eard dem say dat yous gonna be gettin about 18enchis to a coupla foot of dat white stuff dontchya know

Pumbaa said:
I'm just glad you got outa the Nort Woods der eh b4 the big whomping uh snow came in der. I eard dem say dat yous gonna be gettin about 18enchis to a coupla foot of dat white stuff dontchya know

ROFLMAO!!! I love good Yooper-speak!!!!

Lorena, don't get et by the sharks!!!

Pumbaa said:
dontchya know eh would be redundent

Hi der eh! I'm in beautiful Ft Lauderdale, and we're going to Eleuthera tomorrow afternoon. No good beer here, though! We have internet access at our hotel, so we thought we'd check email and take a little break.

We did get stuck for 2 hours in Milwaukee but then were on our way. It's 82 and gorgeous here. Seafood sushi and Thai for dinner tonight!

We'll be taking lots of pictures and I"ll post some when we get back. Thanks for all the good wishes!

WTF? You torture us with all the planning of the vacation, and now you jump on while you're gone to rub it in?

Real nice. :rolleyes:

;) :D

Sounds like things are off to a great start, enjoy and yeah, pics pics pics! :rockin:

Ize

Yooper Chick said:
We did get stuck for 2 hours in Milwaukee but then were on our way. It's 82 and gorgeous here. Seafood sushi and Thai for dinner tonight!

I'm just glad ya got to Milwaukee to catch your flight. I was out and about last night at 4:30AM and it freeking sucked . . . drizzle, freezing drizzle, sleet, and snow all at the same time and visability was down to about 100feet. It would have given Dude a boner or a migrain . . . not sure which

Yooper Chick said:
Ok, Ok, I"m going......I already have my suit on so I'll just wander on over to the beach and take a dip.

See you!
I think you enjoy being cruel. :D
Just so you know, it's snowing here again and I'm freezing my a$$ off. :mug:

Back