Yooper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

I’m not wrong. I’m left handwriting
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been a supporting member here for close to four years. Only reason I mention that is because I am probably insecure enough to need qualify myself.

As my youngest daughter would have said five years ago...Whatever man!

Yooper, in my head, is Yoops! She is a fountain of brewing knowledge. If you think that is balarney. Ask yourself a brew related question? If you state it here you shouldnt be surprised if Yooper clearly answers the question.

When she answers; understand one thing; She will give you a solid answer AND she will never use her knowledge to intimidate a fellow brewer. I'm sure she has the know-how to do that - however, she never will cause that is not her way. Yoops, is to homebrewing what a good beer glass is to beer... Or something like that. My want-to-be parable lacks credibility - Yopper's advice never does.
Cheers to you, Yooper! - For all that you've given to the Home Brew community from your heart - I truly thank you!

~Dan

Great thread, Dan, and I couldn't agree more.

Yooper, thank you so much for the time you have dedicated to the art of home brewing and your willingness to share what you know with everyone. HBT is lucky to have you as a member (and admin!) of the community.

Yep. I know the few times I've come on here with questions, or whatever it may be, Yooper's always responded with something helpful. Not to mention all the other folks posts she helps on.

Cheers and thanks!

Not that I've been using the site that long, but already, whenever I have a simple or stupid question, I am counting the minutes after I ask until Yooper chimes in with a well-thought, concise, and pleasant answer. To Yoops!

Dog pile! I'm in. Thanks Yooper. (Damn fine oatmeal stout too!)

In addition to the above, if you say something dumb, she'll patiently correct you. If you act like a d**k, she'll set you straight quick. If you reach out to her and say thanks, she'll respond and be so darn sweet. Cheers to Yoop!

Oh my. Goodness.

You guys are the best, but this is more than a little weird for me.

I appreciate your thoughts, and your kind words, but pretty much have to believe you all are drunk and in the "I love you man!" state. :D

You guys have always been my 'imaginary friends' and I appreciate you all so much.

It's still making me feel weird, though.

Let's talk about brewing. Or the Packers. Or pick up trucks. Jeeps. Hiking in the rain forest. Eddie Vedder. Kayaks vs. canoes. We have lots more to cover, that's for sure!

I appreciate your thoughts, and your kind words, but pretty much have to believe you all are drunk and in the "I love you man!" state. :D

Yeah, that's probably the case right now. Doesn't mean I don't mean it ;)

You guys have always been my 'imaginary friends' and I appreciate you all so much.

Can't speak for the others, and perhaps I'm just that drunk, but as far as I'm aware I'm a real person.

Let's talk about brewing. Or the Packers. Or pick up trucks. Jeeps. Hiking in the rain forest. Eddie Vedder. Kayaks vs. canoes. We have lots more to cover, that's for sure!

Go local sports team! Beat the next town over's sports team who we hate! Or something.

Seriously, I'm pretty sure most everyone on the forum would be willing to sincerely offer a thanks for everything you do.

Cheers!

1405478372732.jpg

Thanks Yooper for everything!!! We appreciate all you do on this forum. You are a very special person!!! NOW LET'S HAVE A HOMEBREW....:D

I haven't been around as long as most of the people who replied here, but I certainly agree that Yooper is a great asset to this forum.

And I have to second the Oatmeal Stout recipe, still the best I've had.

Thanks for everything Yooper!

Now that we've established we're all at least a little in love with Yooper, it might be time to stop embarrassing the poor woman by talking about it....;)

I love 3 things... Yooper, a good IIPA, and some Pearl Jam!

Good to see some well deserved recognition for an awesome homebrewer and genuinely nice person (I've had the pleasure of staying at Yoopers several times, so I feel entitled to that statement.) Don't forget she also plays (played) ice hockey. Another addition to her likeability!

I'll get in line with the Yooper-stroke. A true supporting member. This community is definitely riddled with them which makes it the best community I've had the pleasure to be a part of in a short time. Two other sites that I am a member of and have been for over a decade doesn't even compare.

Reactions: Dan
Just saw Yooper is a Packers fan! GO PACK GO!!!

Now there's no doubt she will hold a special place in my heart.

Her brewing advice is ok too... ;-)

I do have to admit to stealing several recipes from Yooper. And man are they good! Thanks. ;)

Now that we've established we're all at least a little in love with Yooper, it might be time to stop embarrassing the poor woman by talking about it....;)

Yes, I totally agree.

It's very nice, and flattering, and also very weird. I will say that I genuinely like nearly every single person on this forum very much, even those I haven't met in person. The ones I've actually met have often become some of my closest friends. This forum means a lot to me, as you can see from my 60,000+ posts.

But while I appreciate the kind words, it does make me feel embarassed. And of course there is the realization that many who see this thread may just be doing eyerolls and wishing it would go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back