Yooper stout or deception cream stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lincolnubrewer

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to decide which stout to brew for my first one. please share your thoughts on either one or if you have brewed both. I will be brewing in a few weeks. Thank you for your time.

So... the question is to decide whether to go with number 31 Youper's Oatmeal Stout for your first brew or number 14 Deception Cream Stout

I have brewed Youper's Oatmeal Stout using Denny's Fav 50 yeast and since it is also recommended for the Deception Cream Stout... I don't think you could go wrong with what ever choice you make for that first brew. I say that assuming you will be making a big enough starter so that you can harvest some yeast and use it to brew that second batch? That's what I would recommend.

For your third batch I would recommend brewing number 65 Darth Vader Black IPA by Scooby Brew. It REALLY will make you want to follow the path towards the dark side ( ;

So... the question is to decide whether to go with number 31 Youper's Oatmeal Stout for your first brew or number 14 Deception Cream Stout

I have brewed Youper's Oatmeal Stout using Denny's Fav 50 yeast and since it is also recommended for the Deception Cream Stout... I don't think you could go wrong with what ever choice you make for that first brew. I say that assuming you will be making a big enough starter so that you can harvest some yeast and use it to brew that second batch? That's what I would recommend.

For your third batch I would recommend brewing number 65 Darth Vader Black IPA by Scooby Brew. It REALLY will make you want to follow the path towards the dark side ( ;

Hi,
I just found this thread when searching for Yoopers recipe and I am wondering what the numbers you have in front of the names are? Is that just your personal list or is there a "official " list somewhere?

Thanks

Back