Yoddley

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musty

Reaction score
Hi all--

I hail from the city of Tucson, AZ and have been brewing ever since I went to college in Michigan (Michigan State and Western Michigan), H.S. class of '01.

It was over from the first time I tasted Bell's Oberon... a year or two later I purchased come brewing equipment and got cocky: I looked at a white wine recipe, did some conversions, and bought a bunch of concentrated, frozen juices (including some papaya), thinking that I was OK to just look at the grams of sugar per serving, multiply that by servings per container, and buy enough to equal the sugar in the original recipe, which was a Chardonnay, I believe. Whelp--needless to say--I ended up with something worse than is brewed in prison toilets, and became disenfranchised with the whole ordeal. (says a lot about me, FWIW)

So, fast-forward to August 2009, I have a tomato wine and a barley wine aging, and I'm going to a Stone Brewing event at my favorite, local brew purveyor tomorrow. I'm hooked up with an organic winery in northern AZ, an apiary here in Tucson, and some enthusiastic friends. MAYBE--just maybe--this dream to open a brewpub-vineyard-winery-music-venue is coming true... time will tell, but I can't deny my call.

I hope to learn much from you all and provide you with the insight I gain along the way--what more could we ask for?

~Salute~

Musty

Welcome! Haven't been in Tucson since 2000, too much family there. Is the Bum Steer still in business?

Welcome! Haven't been in Tucson since 2000, too much family there. Is the Bum Steer still in business?

I understand! I haven't happened across a place called the Bum Steer, and a Google search turned up a place in Waco, TX. There is a relatively new establishment called 1702 that serves the most & best beer on tap. It's at speedway and campbell, basically. They have about 50 beers on tap, all of which are craft/micro... headed off there tonight for the Stone event!

Back