Yet Another Twin Cities Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnePlate

Yeast are my housepets
Reaction score
Wife: What do you want for Xmas?
Me: A homebrew starter kit! The one gallon kits are on sale at Northern Brewer!
Wife: I like beer! Wish granted!
Me: I love you.

Me: Dang, everywhere in our apartment is too warm to ferment. I'm going to have to make a swamp cooler or something.
Wife: Don't build something ugly. Let's get you a little wine fridge!

Me: These extract kits are kinda boring. I think I want to make the move to all grain, but we'll need a slightly larger stock pot.
Wife: Why don't you just get that Ss Brewtech kettle you showed me?
Me: Because I'm cheap and I'd feel guilty?
Wife: I just spent $200 getting my hair cut and colored. I do this every other month. Just buy what you need and don't sweat it! Also, I'm giving you a budget every month in case you need/want anything for brewing!

I'm a stay at home dad with no income of my own since we had our baby almost two years ago so I try to DIY pretty much everything out of guilt over spending money. My wife appreciates me and likes to show it by buying me things (when I let her) so here I am, with a quickly growing brewing setup!

I hope all you other metro area brewers are drinking beer to stay warm over the next couple days :)

Welcome from another Twin City brewer (New Brighton).

Good you appreciate your wife; she's definitely a peach. But, don't feel too guilty. In addition to love she is also getting good beer. :)

Back