Yet Another Rolling Kegerator (YARK)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eulipion2

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I did it - another rolling kegerator.

Same old trash can.
scaled.php

Same old foam insulation.
scaled.php

Wait, it only holds two kegs? But that other guy's holds three!
scaled.php

Of course, the required top insulation photo, but wait, what's that hole?
scaled.php

It must be for this: Ka-pow!
scaled.php

That's right, I took BierMuncher's rolling kegerator idea, and added Sugar Johnson's toilet brush holder dual tap tower!

I've insulated the tower with a sheet of packing foam, which I can easily cut to make room for the second tap (hole's already drilled, just need $$$):
scaled.php

And last but not least, here's how it's mounted:
scaled.php

Enjoy!

Looks great! You might consider putting a piece of plywood or something under the lid to mount the tower to. The lid alone might have a little too much flex, especially if a faucet starts to get a little sticky or something.

I initially did want to do that, but I think it's going to be okay this way. It seemed fairly solid, and the tower is directly above the structural supports for the lid, so there's not too much flex. If it was just a flat piece of unsupported plastic I'd have something in there.

If it does start to get a bit flexy I'll mount on a piece of plywood, but I really hate trying to get the mount screws tightened. Need a longer screwdriver.

My next steps are to get a second tap, a drain spigot, and a drip tray, but for its maiden voyage yesterday it performed most admirably!

I initially did want to do that, but I think it's going to be okay this way. It seemed fairly solid, and the tower is directly above the structural supports for the lid, so there's not too much flex. If it was just a flat piece of unsupported plastic I'd have something in there.

If it does start to get a bit flexy I'll mount on a piece of plywood, but I really hate trying to get the mount screws tightened. Need a longer screwdriver.

My next steps are to get a second tap, a drain spigot, and a drip tray, but for its maiden voyage yesterday it performed most admirably!

Looks awesome!!! What size can is that? Im looking to build mine this weekend. Also, are you using your normal CO2 set up or did you buy one of the mini ones like BM?

Nicely done. I need to upgrade mine to a stronger trash can. I had 3 full kegs and a 5lb co2 in it and had to wheel it 120' to my friend's apartment a few weeks ago. What a royal pain in the rear.

Looks awesome!!! What size can is that? Im looking to build mine this weekend. Also, are you using your normal CO2 set up or did you buy one of the mini ones like BM?
I'm pretty sure it's 55 gallons. It was $15 at one of my local Wal*Marts (though only available at that one, not the others...curious). I got it because it had a fairly flat top that I could add the tower to.

And yes, I'm using my 5 lb CO2 tank. The portable system would be nice, but I'm fairly broke, and I already had the tank. Works great, and I could probably fit it inside if I tried.

Nicely done. I need to upgrade mine to a stronger trash can. I had 3 full kegs and a 5lb co2 in it and had to wheel it 120' to my friend's apartment a few weeks ago. What a royal pain in the rear.

The can's strong enough - my problem has been the wheels. Didn't even make it from my house to my car before one popped off. I'd love to get one of the big heavy-duty trash cans for $80 or so. Maybe next time.

My insulation is great. The outside of the kegerator doesn't get cold or sweat. I'm wondering if I could drop down to 1/2" insulation. Could probably fit a third keg in there!

Back