Yet another noobie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flylock_jac

Reaction score
Just thought I'd say howdy and introduce myself.
Flylock jac is my name ,but please use jac and save your fingers some work.
I had a friend who got me hooked on his home brew back in the early 80's.
After he got married we drifted apart and hadn't thought much about enjoying
a REAL beer in a long time. Last year I made a batch of rootbeer for my girlfriend
and we started talking about brewing.
She surprised me with a (ouch) Mr. Beer this year for Christmas. I brewed one batch of nut brown ale which I'll bottle this weekend.
That's all it took ,I been hunting up bargains and supplies for the past two weeks.
Hope to brew my first batch in the next couple of weeks as soon as I have every thing gathered .
Found this site yesterday and spent most the day reading ,drooling, and enjoying myself.
Found the label thread and spent a couple hours today designing a label for my nut brown ale , and my next batch which will be a coffee stout.
Need to resize my labels ,so I can add them to the thread.
Let's see....I'm single ,middle aged (52) live in New England and am self employed ,but work is very slow due to the economy .Guess it will give me more time to brew , bottle , sip and repeat all over again.
Glad I found the forum and look forward to meeting and learning from you all.

Mr. Beer is a great stepping stone for many people. And, for me, a decent replacement till my new equipment arrives.( I have $150 left to collect from my favorite idiots and then everything can be ordered at one time)
Welcome and happy hopping.

Welcome to the obsession.

This forum is the best on the internet and the majority have valuable opinions, just remember they are just that opinions. If it makes good beer and you like it then go for it. Don't be afraid to try some of the things the experts will tell you. If they work for you great, if not then don't let them tell you otherwise.

Welcome to HBT Jac!

"Yet another noobie".....hmmm.....Guess it's lucky for you that we like new brewers around here. :D

Mr. Beer has it's place but a 5 gallon set up is much nicer. The thing to do is start brewing more batches as soon as you can. It's better to get the pipeline full as soon as possible because it allows you to age the beer properly before drinking it. Patience is the hardest part of beer brewing when you're new.

Welcome aboard, Jac. Don't worry about the economy so much once you start bottling. You can always offer up your homebrew as a bribe. The guys here have been super helpful, so don't be ashamed to ask newbie questions, as I frequently do.

Welcome from another newbie.

Great site here loaded with valuable infos and experienced brewers that are willing to share the knowledge and experience. :mug:

Back