Yet another new guy- this one's from TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ODP

Reaction score
Hi all!
I'm brand new to the forum and to homebrewing...I'm from New Braunfels TX (in between San Antonio and Austin) If anyone has any suggestions on where to buy equipment and ingredients in the area, I'd like to hear them! I'd really like to build a relationship with the owners of a local brick and mortar store as opposed to buying my gear online!

Anyway, I've never brewed before but have read a slew of info on it. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you and picking your brains as I learn more about this awesome addiction! Seeing as I'm rambling and saying things like "slew" I'm going to quit typing now! I'm at work on the night shift, so whoever's drinking have a cold one for me!

be easy

barrett

New Braunfels?! By Schlitterbahn? Welcome to HBT!

Kind of! Same town, but I live going towards Canyon lake and Boerne. Haven't been to Schlitterbahn in years! I much more enjoy tubing the good ole Comal...atleast you can take your own beer! No glass allowed ofcourse...

Anyone else on the board from New Braunfels? I've met Mike so far, but I'm sure there's more! Anyone know of a brew club here?

Dallas! Alright! I almost, and I mean ALMOST moved there for a girl I was dating...things didn't work out so needless to say I'm still in NB. Born and raised! Love texas

Anyone else on the board from New Braunfels? I've met Mike so far, but I'm sure there's more! Anyone know of a brew club here?

I don't think there's one in the New Braunfels/San Marcos area. Closest clubs are in Austin or San Antonio.

The Bexar Brewers meet once at month, usually around the 281/1604 area. If you're interested, PM me for contact info...

Ooops! Sorry! Our quota for Texan members has been reached! For this reason, your membership must be limited to just making beer and having fun.

Welcome! :)

I don't think there's one in the New Braunfels/San Marcos area. Closest clubs are in Austin or San Antonio.

The Bexar Brewers meet once at month, usually around the 281/1604 area. If you're interested, PM me for contact info...

Cool! I may do that! I would like to get a few batches under belt before heading to some meetings though. Brad at Austin Homebrew gave us the contact info for the Austin club, but the SA club would be closer.

Do the Bexar brewers meet at the same place each month?

Cool! I may do that! I would like to get a few batches under belt before heading to some meetings though. Brad at Austin Homebrew gave us the contact info for the Austin club, but the SA club would be closer.

Do the Bexar brewers meet at the same place each month?

It varies between brewpubs (Blue Star, Freetail, etc.) and people's homes. Most of the meetings take place somewhere between 281/1604 and I10/1604.

It's a very casual group, so feel free to bring a good commercial beer if you don't have any homebrew available at the time...

Back