Yet Another Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John_FL

Reaction score
Here is my four tap keezer build using the Frigidare 7.2. It is tough getting the fourth keg in there, but with proper positioning and a little finesse they all fit.

I was able to get the four shanks and faucets for $20 off a guy getting out of the hobby. I'd like some non brass faucets someday, but I couldn't pass that deal up.

Painted the whole thing with chalkboard paint. I some stainless around the collar and a bunch of machine screws to make it look a little classier. The stainless is just really thin flashing and decorative only.

image-2781579966.jpg

image-1110498322.jpg

image-1395961519.jpg

Looks great ... but give us some details ... for example, what type of controller did you go with? (that's about the only decision I have left on mine)

I used the Ranco single stage controller.

I had to fit the keezer inside that exact spot, so I just put the CO2 inside the keezer on the shelf. I didn't have much room to store it outside.

Used a 12 volt computer fan powered by an old cell phone charger to equalize the temps. between top and bottom.

I went cheap on my CO2 distribution and just used T joints instead of a manifold with check valves. I will upgrade that once I have a chance. Manifolds just seem way over priced.

The collar is hinged, and the lid is attached to the collar with a combination of sink caulking (to air prevent leaks) and Gorilla double sided tape. I was worried about that being secure enough, but it is rock solid ( I actually built this a few weeks ago and never posted)

The collar was just some cheap pine since I planned on covering it with the flashing anyway. I insulated with some styrofoam.

On all the corners I put some aluminum angle iron. This served two purposes, it helped keep my collar square, and made it so I didn't have to deal with meeting the flashing at the edges and having some slop.

I can't take credit for the chalkboard paint or computer fan. I learned both of those ideas on here.

Thanks for the compliments!

Latest posts

Back