yet another apfelwein question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I know I can bottle this in wine bottles or carbonate and bottle in beer bottles...If I carbonate it will it be like a sparkling wine or more like beer with a head ( I know this is probably a stupid question) if it is a sparkling wine I will bottle and cap it....if beerish I will put in wine bottles uncarbonated

it depends how much sugar you add. If you want beerish add around 4-4.5 oz per 5 gallons. if your looking for sparkling, use half. If you want it to be still, degas and bottle in wine bottles. It deffinitly doesnt taste beerish

don't really know what I want ...never had it before but you guys all raved on it so much I had to try it ( original recipe) I will probably start a batch with brown sugar. I figure I will bottle this around Christmas.. will it be drinkable then ( a bottle or two) or is it not good until it is aged ( I know it is BETTER aged) come on gimme some direction here lol!!!

Pull a King Solomon and just do half carbonated, and half still. Odds are that if you don't like one, you can find somebody who will. My guess is that you will like both. To me, carbonated cider isn't like beer at all. When you start adding malt or hops to it, sure it'll become more like a beer, but not a straightforward apple wine/cider recipe.

age apfelwein 6 months. that's my opinion. it won't even be ready to bottle really in 25 days, and the flavor will be hot, and very yeasty smelling until it ages a while.

this is deffinitly more of a wine...if your looking for cider, use an ale yeast and try and cold crash early...

Latest posts

Back